Question about moving DLC files

#1Sephiroth311Posted 5/13/2009 3:43:35 AM
I've got all three DLC's and they all work fine, the only problem is to get them to work I had to move them all into the Fallout data folder from the GFW folder. Anyway OA and The Pitt only had three files, two .bsa files and a .esm file. BS on the other hand has the main three plus .bik files. Are they required as well? The game is running fine as it is so should I move them or leave them?
---
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast! 8/14/2000 1:01:49 PM
#2VoodooTigerPosted 5/13/2009 5:06:15 AM
If it works, don't mess with it.

But, if you do decide to move Broken Steel, the.bik files go in the movie folder. The .esm and .bsa's go in the data folder, like OA and Pitt.
---
I have it on good authority; if you type Google into Google, you can break the internet. So please, no one try it, even for a joke. ~ Jen, The I.T. Crowd
#3wharzPosted 5/13/2009 5:49:34 AM
Which means your old saves files you wont be able to use.

From the moment you use Live and the Update Account your saves will not go into the regular save folder but a live saved folder in which you'll need to be logged on to access them which is a good thing if you got a couple people playing the same PC Game
#4GalahautPosted 5/13/2009 6:36:27 AM
You can just move the save files...
---
My Fallout 3 Mods
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/modules/members/index.php?id=48676
#5Lord_KafrosPosted 5/13/2009 9:08:16 AM
If he has a live acc logged the it doesn't matter where the DLC files are savegame wise.They can be on the gfw default folder or the data folder and still be able to load with his live acc save profile.
Or just copy the save game from that file to an offline profile file.
It's not some weird alien protection tech.

---
I find it kind of funny,I find it kind of sad,
The dreams in which I'm dying , are the best I've ever had!
#6Sephiroth311(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2009 12:26:07 PM
I think I'll take VoodooTiger's advice but just out of interest what do the .bik files do? They are quite large files. Like I said there are no problems with my game or the DLC at all, although like I said I had to move them to get them to work as nothing else was working.
---
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast! 8/14/2000 1:01:49 PM
#7GalahautPosted 5/13/2009 12:26:56 PM
They are videos.
---
My Fallout 3 Mods
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/modules/members/index.php?id=48676