is there a legitimate way to play the game without a disc?

#11Spincut(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2009 1:29:56 AM
no.... i mean no, it didnt work, it does in fact tell me that there is no disc inserted....not sure why it was supposed to work, am I doing something wrong?
#12Spincut(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2009 1:30:34 AM
"No disc inserted.
Please insert the original "Fallout 3" CD/DVD.
Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=nodisc for further, more detailed information."
#13The LagPosted 7/23/2009 2:34:31 AM
instead of running fallout 3 launcher,
run fallout3.exe...
simple.
no disk needed.
and if you have the pc version then you really owe it to yourself to at least download mods that fix the game. so download FOMM.
...and others have already told you this.
---
When my system needed to be cooler, I put a fonzi sticker on the case. Now it is cool as hell. - craftofthewise
#14SalvatorePosted 7/23/2009 4:49:05 AM
I honestly don't understand GFWL. I mean, I've used it, and I've used Steam, and I know now that I'd never, EVER use GFWL again given the choice. It's like Steam except it trusts the user much less (read: not at all), it demands you pay for things with microsoft points (meaning that you'll always overpay for things slightly because you can only buy points in multiples of 500 and things tend to cost multiples of 400) and most of the time I can't even bloody log in to it. Waste of time.
---
You just lost the game.
#15Spincut(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2009 2:52:00 PM
instead of running fallout 3 launcher,
run fallout3.exe...
simple.
no disk needed.
and if you have the pc version then you really owe it to yourself to at least download mods that fix the game. so download FOMM.
...and others have already told you this.

I did that, I ran fallout.exe (as well as the launcher), without the disk in it doesnt work, it asks for the disc....what am i doing wrong?

And if GFWL rejects it then nah I dont want to install FOMM....what exactly about the game does it need to "fix"??? Anyway, I log into GWFL occasionally and that gets me banned or disables it I'd rather not install it.
#16Alucard188(Moderator)Posted 7/23/2009 3:29:14 PM
FOMM and GFWL run separately from each other. FOMM can do a few things, but is essentially a launcher for the game. Try it.
---
Face it Cloud is a gaming icon and has appered in lots of games while mario has only appeared in 2 games sunshine and 64~xSlashbomBx
#17Spincut(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2009 8:08:16 PM
so you can just trash it and it's gone? and, so oh you run it like a similar program to GFWL that cant be run simultaniously with the other anyway, ok i got it.
#18Spincut(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2009 8:09:05 PM
btw though, the launcher thing still aint working though, the disc definitely needs to be in there from the looks of it, clicking on the fallout .exe doesnt seem to work for me.
#19JoebearPosted 7/23/2009 8:14:32 PM
no version of fallout3.exe asks for a disk, you either have a modified exe or are clicking on something else
---
Brawl FC: 4339-2162-9268
COD FC: 2965- 3090- 9757
#20Spincut(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2009 8:16:15 PM
um, what? this is a fresh install, the .exe is not modified, it demands the disc because there is a disk and it's not inserted, i really cant think of any other reason why it should work without the disc in that case