Fallout 3 Not Working On Windows 7

#1jamster727Posted 12/29/2009 1:19:25 PM
i have got a brand new laptop and i installed fallout 3 but when i click new game it barely loads and says error fallout 3 has stopped working windows is trying to solve the problem but in the end nothing works i have an asus k60 and im just irritated because i bought this game i really love falout 3 hopefully someone can answer my problems thanks
#2AquatakatPosted 12/29/2009 1:47:26 PM
Post what kind of video card that laptop has.

Right click Computer on the start menu, Manage, Device Manager in the left bar, the thing under Display adapters.

---
"So, what hurts?" "Mostly the bugle stuck to my face."
http://aquatakat.com/
#3metacriticalPosted 12/29/2009 1:47:33 PM
you're joking right? you bought a notebook and you're wondering why you can't play the game
#4irisflashPosted 12/29/2009 1:51:52 PM
Its working on my Win7 PC. Maybe there was an error in the installation? A mod causing it to crash? While FO3 is amazingly fun to play, it is riddled with bugs =\
---
We dance round a ring and suppose.
But the Secret sits in the middle and knows. -Robert Frost
#5someflamablekidPosted 12/29/2009 2:03:21 PM
you're joking right? you bought a notebook and you're wondering why you can't play the game

Just because it's a laptop doesn't mean it can't play it. My friend has a nice laptop and it plays the game flawlessly. I'm actually impressed as how well it plays. It plays a lot better than my desktop and my desktop is pretty advanced.
---
Don't ask if I am flammable, because I have already demonstrated eleven times to prove it.
#6metacriticalPosted 12/29/2009 2:10:02 PM
i googled the spec before i made that statement. an underpowered laptop will not run the game, whereas your friends 'nice laptop' is prolly infinitely better.
#7A__PunkPosted 12/31/2009 1:53:32 PM
"i googled the spec before i made that statement. an underpowered laptop will not run the game, whereas your friends 'nice laptop' is prolly infinitely better"

Thats pretty obvious that an underpowered laptop won't run it.... You didn't need to state that, I'm sure everybody in this board could piece that together..
---
Have you heard about the word?
#8metacriticalPosted 12/31/2009 2:07:48 PM
thanks, unfortunately the person that started the thread was unaware of this, as was the person i was actually replying to, thus not everybody was aware of this. reading threads completely is such an outdated concept, don't you think, no wait you don't :)