New weapons in FWE...

#1ziegdPosted 5/23/2010 9:49:42 AM

So I've pretty much been using the same weapons that I used in vanilla, since ammo for them seems to be the most plentiful. But now that I've hit level 10, I have enough caps and am making enough money to feel comfortable purchasing extra ammo from vendors, and I'm about ready to head to The Pitt (I'm assuming the ammo press will allow me to make any of the ammo in the game from the useless ammo I accumulate. Since sniping with a scopeis now equivalent to throwing 308 into the Potomac,due tothe exagerated drift, I have a fair amount of 308 to convert).

So I was curious about which weapons people find particulary effective or fun to use, so I can start focusing on gathering the appropriate ammo for them. There are a lot to chose from, and other than the H&K CAW and the .223 pistol (whichare awesome, btw), I haven't really used any of the others.

So what do you guys like to use?

#2Sir_AwesomePosted 5/23/2010 10:03:10 AM
FN FAL
At least, I think thats a FWE weapon.
Vindicator Minigun.
I'm pretty sure thats also a FWE wep
---
Look at me everyone, I have multiple characters in my sig!
#3Supaa Sayaijin MarioPosted 5/23/2010 10:16:40 AM
FNP90c, uses 10mm bullets too. Awesome weapon.
#4KroguysPosted 5/23/2010 11:14:45 AM
Sniping depends on your skill with the weapon. Your weapon won't move as much if you bring the skill into 90s. Of the weapons I've found so far in FWE. The Drifter's Laser Rifle is the deadliest sniper IMO. Highest damage and very accurate. .223 or 14 mm I enjoy using the most. But against multiple mobs I would have to go with Xuanlong assault rifle. I have no clue what ammo the press can make. Never had to use it.
#5ziegd(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2010 11:55:05 AM

That's good to know about the sniper-scope drift improving. My SG is around 60 now, and trying to snipe with a scope has been pretty much pointless. I mean, I like some realism in that regard, but this is ridiculous. Wavers around 30% of the viewable area, making sniping more of a mini-game. If I can "guess" when to pull the trigger, I get a head-shot. If I guess wrong, I waste ammo and give away my position :P . Even tho the Lincoln Repeater in VATS is about as good a sniping weapon as one could ask for, I still like to do it "the old fashioned way", with a scope. And it looks like a lot of the new guns have scopes.

Also, interesting suggestions for weapons...I wouldn't have guessed those choices, since there seems to be quite a few more "interesting" guns available. Speaking of which, the one I'm most intriqued with is a weapon I found (forgot the name) that falls into the BG category, even tho it's a scoped rifle arrangement. I remember that it has a 50 round clip, and uses 5mm ammo. Since I don't care for any of the mini-guns I've used (much prefer Vengence or Burnmaster), I always have plenty of 5mm ammo (in fact, I've found over 2000 rounds already). So I'm curious to give that one a try when I raise my BG a little. Anyone know which one I'm talking about, and how effective it is?

#6kumquatzPosted 5/23/2010 4:19:08 PM
Here is what Im using a lot:

.223(EX) stop by wheaton armory if you have lots of rad protection
FN P90c
H&K CAWS

If I have to snipe a bunch of enemies quickly:
Bozar
L86 LSW

I just picked up the H&K G11 which looks pretty good. Need to pick up more 4.7mm caseless ammo so I can give it a good test.

When you snipe are you using bullet time? I find that it makes lining up shots pretty easy even with the bullet drop. I have rarely used VATS because I find bullet time much more fun.
#7SKA_Posted 5/23/2010 4:55:09 PM
i dont like that they replaced the drifter's sniper rifle with an energy weapon, in the vanilla he has the best stat sniper rifle
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#8doggy47perfectoPosted 5/24/2010 12:48:07 PM

FWE?

#9Sir_AwesomePosted 5/24/2010 1:09:12 PM
Fallout Wanderer's Edition, its an overhaul mod that adds buncha stuff and makes the game more realistic
---
Look at me everyone, I have multiple characters in my sig!
#10ziegd(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2010 4:54:44 PM

"When you snipe are you using bullet time? I find that it makes lining up shots pretty easy even with the bullet drop. I have rarely used VATS because I find bullet time much more fun."

Now why didn't I think of that? (slaps forehead) I agree that the bullet-time option is actually more fun (and even some-what more "realistic" in a bizarre kind of way...), so that's what I've been using as well. But I never thought to go into bullet-time when sniping...have to give that a go...thanks for the tip.