Starting this now...

#1SoaringBlizzardPosted 4/17/2012 9:03:11 AM
so basically, i played NV only and not this, while i was coming home from college today i saw this 75% off at a game store here and decided to buy it(GOTY edition).

anything i should know before screwing everything up?
#2bhamvPosted 4/17/2012 9:42:10 AM
It's pretty hard to nerf yourself into unplayability in this game, so just go out and enjoy yourself.
#3mkavanagh43Posted 4/20/2012 9:38:27 AM

For future reference for people playing this game, there are a lot of side quests available by exploring the surrounding area you're in at towns and places around Megaton. Wait until around level 7 or 8 to continue the main story quest where you go to the Galaxy News Radio to talk to Three Dog. I didn't know this my first playthrough a long time ago, and gave up on the game, thinking it was too hard.

Luckily, I picked it up again later.

#4red255Posted 4/22/2012 8:25:38 AM
its decent but New vegas is probably better. quest wise. exploration wise FO3 is better.

FWE & WMK adds a number of things New vegas had and FO3 Is lacking.

although FWE also adds 20th century guns which includes the lewis mk2 machinegun, which....is not a balanced gun. maybe it was fixed in a later version.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#5KroguysPosted 5/10/2012 4:15:57 PM
red255 posted...

FWE & WMK adds a number of things which New vegas had copied .

Fixed!
#6XatrionPosted 5/11/2012 2:02:19 PM
I think the number one thing new F3 PC players need to know is: If you are running a quad-core CPU, google "Fallout 3 quad core fix".
It'll save you a headache and this board from having yet another "Why is F3 crashing so much?" topic.
---
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp236/Xatrion/cowbell.jpg
Shut your BF28/9 sound hole and listen up.