Can anyone give me step by step guide to installing FWE on Fallout 3 Steam?

#1VejitaSS4Posted 8/21/2012 3:57:42 PM
i thought i got it going but the Fallout Mod Manager only lists a few mods and my game crashes after the dream sequence. can someone help me? i'm running windows 7 with an i5 intel quad core btw
#2VejitaSS4(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2012 4:08:32 PM
https://sites.google.com/site/fo3wanderersedition/installation

when i to install package do i just instal one or both compressed files? am i supposed to join them somehow?
#3red255Posted 8/21/2012 7:44:43 PM
Download FWE and save it to your harddrive.
Ensure that FOMM and FOSE (Fallout Script Extender) are up-to-date and properly installed.
Launch FOMM and choose the "package manager" option.

No Problem right?

Select the "Add New" option and browse to and select the Full Package file you downloaded. Once you have selected the file, it may take a few minutes to build the FOMOD package.

The Zip file you downloaded, the entire archive, just grab it.

Do you have FOSE? crashing likely means you grabbed the wrong interface, if you aren't using a mod make sure you grab the vanilla FWE interface, its got support for some other HUDS which if you grab those it crashes.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#4KroguysPosted 8/21/2012 8:09:48 PM
This video is all you need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SAeXsA6Nt8&feature=plcp
#5Hitman_HearnsPosted 8/22/2012 1:28:36 PM
Yup that'll be the video I'll be watching when get F3.
---
"Life doesn't run away from nobody. Life runs at people."
-Joe Frazier
#6VejitaSS4(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 3:00:27 PM
followed the video up until he finished the FWE hotfix and tried playing the game to make sure it wasn't any other mods making it crash.

it still crashes after i click the "wake up" button that sends me to that shack and i click on the computer.

could this be some kind of Windows 7 glitch? should i delete my Fallout 3 folder and download/install it again?
#7VejitaSS4(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 3:08:38 PM(edited)
Download FWE and save it to your harddrive.
Ensure that FOMM and FOSE (Fallout Script Extender) are up-to-date and properly installed.
Launch FOMM and choose the "package manager" option.

No Problem right?

Select the "Add New" option and browse to and select the Full Package file you downloaded. Once you have selected the file, it may take a few minutes to build the FOMOD package.

The Zip file you downloaded, the entire archive, just grab it.

Do you have FOSE? crashing likely means you grabbed the wrong interface, if you aren't using a mod make sure you grab the vanilla FWE interface, its got support for some other HUDS which if you grab those it crashes.

what interface should i get if i want to install all the mods detailed in that youtube video?
#8KroguysPosted 8/22/2012 3:43:09 PM
If you are like me and not know jack about programming. Then what I would do is delete everything and start from scratch. Delete the save file, mod folder, game folder and what ever else you find.

Install game and see if it runs. If yes then next step.
Install FOSE and see if it works. Just keep going, one thing at a time. Most mods come with installation instruction. Invest some time and read them, it will save you tons of headache.

I recommend Nexus Mod Manager for installing and removing your mods. You will be able to use it for all of the games on the Nexus besides FO3.
#9VejitaSS4(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 4:48:03 PM
for a heads up for anyone having the same troubles here is how i think i fixed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIY2J6W8FBU&feature=relmfu

seems FO3 has problems with multi core processors