Mods question

#1mrblurrPosted 9/30/2012 9:10:04 PM
I recently started playing this again and I've decided to use mods this go around since I'm on PC with the GOTY edition. Which version is needed based on mod compatibility? I believe 1.7 is the latest, right?

I've downloaded a few so far, but what would you guys recommend me getting if I'm wanting to improve the quality of my gameplay experience (having never played the DLC) and wanting some new things/places?
---
PSN: Mrblurr
XBL Tag: Mrblurr
#2PioneerCODPosted 9/30/2012 10:43:22 PM
Existence 2.0

Its a radio mod with a quest attached.

I gotta recommend the Random Encounters mod also. It adds a "quest" that tells you when you trigger unique random encounters. This is useful because it is easily possible to trigger random encounters and never even be aware of them, thus missing some of the unique, interesting, and amusing ones.

RH ironsights, Weapon Mod Kits, and all the assorted bridges to make them work together... for realism.
---
The slow blade penetrates the shield.
#3mrblurr(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2012 12:39:02 AM
Thanks, I'll give them a look.
---
#4bhamvPosted 10/1/2012 3:52:25 AM
Yes, v1.7 is the latest version, which is needed for all the DLC to work. It's also what most mods are based on, and the mods often require an up-to-date game.

Some of the most popular mods:

Fallout Wanderer's Edition (FWE): Whole bunch of new weapons, armors, and gameplay features. Food, drink, and sleep become necessary. Everything has weight, including ammo and meds. XP gain is slowed down, so you won't find yourself at max level 10 hours into the game, like in vanilla. Global damage is upped, making combat more challenging. Alternate starts, so you don't always start out in the Vault. Also, almost every new gameplay feature can be toggled, so if (for example) you don't like the new XP rate, you can just set it back to vanilla. If you don't like having to eat and drink and sleep, you can turn that feature off. Etc etc.

Mart's Mutant Mod (MMM): Whole bunch of new enemies to shoot and kill. Makes life in the wasteland very much more exciting.

Weapon Mod Kits (WMK): Attach stuff to your guns to modify their capabilities. Silencers, extended clips, scopes, etc.

Darnified UI (DarnUI): A new and better-looking user interface, which allows for more info to be presented at a glance.

Ultimate Perk Pack (UPP): A bunch of new perks you can choose. Some of them are balanced, some of them are not. Some are balanced based on the assumption there are only 20 levels, which means the most powerful and unbalanced perks are only available at level 20, which originally meant you'd only be able to get one of them, while having to give up Grim Reaper's Sprint. Then Broken Steel came along...
#5mrblurr(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2012 2:06:01 PM
Ok, my game won't start once I install FWE...does it require something?
---
#6Hitman_HearnsPosted 10/1/2012 4:37:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SAeXsA6Nt8

So helpful for new modders.

I'll be using this set of videos once my PC is all set up.
---
"Life doesn't run away from nobody. Life runs at people."
-Joe Frazier
#7mrblurr(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 12:03:05 AM
Thanks! Watching it I can already tell it's going to help!
---