I just bought this game...

#1KurtKokaine4Posted 2/1/2012 11:21:05 PM
...I know I'll like it, but the question is...will I LOVE it? Taking any and all bets.
---
"Yeah, I'm gonna save up real quick...oh wait, no I can't because she's a slut". - quoted from instattomen in reference to Killer7's Samantha - XD
#2LandmanPosted 2/2/2012 3:23:33 PM
I just started playing it today for the first time, it's good, nothing has really overly impressed me yet. I've only done the first few missions so I guess there's loads of time yet. My bet is that you will only like it.
---
Not changing this sig until rushuna gets laid 12/2/06
KrisP - Found that DSN's are not just that of myth and legend.
#3Azuma_NarooNPosted 2/2/2012 10:08:46 PM
I don't think you'll fall in love with it, and that's coming from a guy who sank over 5,000 hours total into the game since it's release in Nov. 2004. I fell in love with the online play way back when, but the campaign was still really fun, and long just like the old FPS campaigns usually were. It was fun going back and playing as Luger, for example, since other story elements and pathways would be only available to different characters.

Don't expect too much, though that's true for anything, but I think you'll at least like it.
---
LOLFAQs, where anyone who disagrees with you is a troll.
Next purchase(s): SSX, Counter-Strike: GO
#4KurtKokaine4(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2012 5:21:02 PM
Yeah, I wasn't really diggin' it at first. It took about an hour for me to really start having some fun. I guess my biggest problem getting into this game is that I've recently played Black for the PS2, and that game is just so frackin' awesome, that it's hard to digest anything on the last-gen system that isn't that great. I'm starting to enjoy it now though. It seems like it might be quite long (unlike Black), and you can play from different character standpoints, so that's interesting. I'm only on the 3rd chapter now, and I might play some tonight.

By the way, wasn't this supposed to be the Halo Killer back in the day? Lol, I'm guessing that was purely from an online point of view.
---
"Yeah, I'm gonna save up real quick...oh wait, no I can't because she's a slut". - quoted from instattomen in reference to Killer7's Samantha - XD
#5KurtKokaine4(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2012 11:03:43 AM(edited)
Wow, believe it or not, I'm really enjoying the f*** out of this game. It takes a little while to get used to, but once you start getting good at it (it can get a bit difficult at times), you really start to enjoy yourself. The key is to ALWAYS take your time with each level. That's what initially makes you not really get this game at first, cuz it starts out in the middle of a warzone like some Call of Duty-type s***, and makes you feel like you need to rush through the levels. Not a very good introductory level to this game IMO.

I'm currently on I think level 5 or 6, the one right after Hakha hacks into the mainframe and the Commander gets uhh..."relieved of his duties" so to speak.

I find it very, very fun trying to manage my sniper ammo so I have enough shells for emergency situations, and at least so far, sniper ammo isn't just lying about. Now I'll admit I haven't played any current-gen FPS games, so maybe to most people this is a mediocre game, but for me, it's truly an awesome experience. Maybe not as cool as Black was, but really they just feel like two different games, so I don't think I should compare or contrast them.

So far, I've only been playing as Templar, simply cuz I like his character and don't really like mixing up my gameplay in the middle of a game. I'd like to play them all individually after I beat the game with a selected character. But I have a question pertaining to this. Seeing as how you don't encounter you first NPC to a few missions into the game, can I not use Luger for the first few missions? Or does each character have their own prologue leading up to their fated meeting with Jan Templar? I'd certainly hope for the latter. So yeah, awesome game. Very much above mediocrity. You just have to play it slow to really enjoy it I think.

Oh yeah one last question. What exactly does "cooking your grenade" do? I just "cook" it everytime cuz I'm sure it's good whatever it is, but I haven't really noticed anything special.
---
#6Azuma_NarooNPosted 2/7/2012 3:38:27 PM

By the way, wasn't this supposed to be the Halo Killer back in the day? Lol, I'm guessing that was purely from an online point of view.

Yeah, it's just some buzzword some moron journalist made up way back in the day only because this game was a big-budget Sony exclusive FPS. In reality, the game is nothing like Halo at all besides the fact that they're both FPS games.

Yeah, that's why I loved the first game, the firefights are slow and tactical, you have to pick your shots well, and trying to rush around doing 360 leet-scopes like CoD will get you killed pronto.

You can only play missions as other characters after Jan first meets them, which is basically chapters 3 & 4 iirc.

Cooking a grenade is when you pull the pin on a nade, squeeze it (depending on the type of nade, but I don't think that applies to this game lol), and then throw it. Cooking it is just letting the fuse live for a bit before throwing it. It's a real tactic, but generally strongly discouraged since it can endanger friendlies.
---
LOLFAQs, where anyone who disagrees with you is a troll.
Next purchase(s): SSX, Counter-Strike: GO
#7Meijimasha13Posted 2/10/2012 3:00:24 PM
I played it recently, had it on my shelf for years, I played it after playing Halo 1 for the first time, again, years late to the party.

And yeah, Killzone 1 >>> Halo: CE
---
www.rebelallianceclan.com
#8KurtKokaine4(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2012 3:34:11 PM
Hot Damn, that chapter 8 is BRUTAL!! I must have spent over three hours trying to beat that stupid stage. This game reeeaally takes perseverence. Well Killzone, I'm one determined bastard. Now on to the last two chapters. (btw, ch. 9 was infinitely easier than 8, wtf man?).
---
#9Meijimasha13Posted 2/13/2012 1:28:55 PM
Play as Rico.

Easy modo.
---
www.rebelallianceclan.com
#10KurtKokaine4(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2012 3:01:38 PM
Yeah, I didn't wanna use Rico cuz I wanted to get through the game with just Templar, then move on to the other characters individually. I finally beat this most epic of games too. Those final levels are truly what separate the men from the boys. But nothing ever compared to the overall difficulty of chapter 8. They really wanted to make you work for it to reach the final levels.

I enjoyed that the characters finally split up on that last chapter though. It makes you really want to play through this again to see what each of the other characters go through in that last chapter. And yes, I know I don't have to replay the whole game just to experience each characters individual parts in that chapter, but I'm going to anyway.

Looks like Luger is next. I'm a little worried about playing through the game with her. I know she's all about stealth, but can she really just stealth her way through the whole game? I really have my doubts. I'm just gonna pretend she's Sam Fisher, and do the best I can do.
---