Freakin' Autosave!

#1KingOfViolencePosted 4/18/2012 3:28:52 PM
Just got this game from my friend and it's pretty cool, except the autosave feature (which I intentionally turned off) magically turned itself back on during gameplay. I turned it off (again) mid-level and finished. Next level starts, I get killed, IT AUTOSAVES!

This is SO freakin' annoying! Why does it even have an on/off option at all if it just does what it wants? I know this board is pretty dead, but does anybody know what the **** is going on?
---
Abortion is the cold-blooded, soulless SLAUGHTER of a living human being.
Scientific FACT.
#2MiOddPosted 4/20/2012 2:49:30 PM
I just started playing this today, haven't noticed any issues yet myself, but I'm just curious as to why you would want to turn off the auto-save?
---
This couch is the comfiest!
#3KingOfViolence(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2012 3:46:57 PM
^I turn it off because I don't want it saving how many times I died. I'd rather start over.
I know it doesn't really matter, but I'm like that sometimes.
It looks like I'll just have to remember to manually turn it off in each new section/level, which honestly isn't so bad now that I'm used to it, but still...
---
Scientific FACT.
#4Citan22Posted 4/22/2012 5:18:50 PM
how are you liking the game? and how would you rank it among the last gen FPS games you've played?

i ask cause i just won a copy on ebay a few minutes ago. i thought my ps2 library could use some more FPS since all i've got are: Half-Life, Deus Ex, and BLACK. ((i have the Timesplitters games for gamecube)). so i'm hoping Killzone will be a worthy addition.
#5KingOfViolence(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2012 11:36:15 PM
I actually like it a lot.
I've played Killzone 2 & 3 for PS3 & this is a great start to the series (with the obvious generational differences).
I've heard complaints that it's too hard, & I can see why some say that but it's not overkill (I'm playing on normal) & the challenge actually adds to the fun. Really.
There are eventually multiple characters to choose from & playing through again using each of them adds a lot to the replay value.
KZ & Timesplitters are now my favorite FPS series' ever.
---
Scientific FACT.
#6KingOfViolence(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2012 11:44:00 PM
^^Forgot about ranking it!
For me it's a tie for 1st place between KZ & TS with Black coming next, then Half-life. Haven't played too much Deus-Ex.
But again, that's just me.
---
Scientific FACT.
#7Citan22Posted 4/23/2012 3:59:33 AM
thanks. now i'm really looking forward to playing this.
#8Kashmir75Posted 5/5/2012 2:02:25 AM
Killzone 1, Red Faction 1, Black, and Timesplitters 2 are my favourite PS2 generation shooters. Still a lot of fun today
#9Azuma_NarooNPosted 5/5/2012 2:17:49 AM

Killzone 1, Red Faction 1, Black, and Timesplitters 2 are my favourite PS2 generation shooters. Still a lot of fun today

This. This x10000
---
"Azuma ninja!!" - Random guards in Tenchu series
"Hahahahahahaha - Mara Aramov