Okay, I admit it - this is HARD!

#1KingOfViolencePosted 4/25/2012 4:28:27 PM
I had so much trouble getting to the first checkpoint on level 10-1 last night I had to give up. After half a dozen tries I finally did it today and was breezing through the rest of the game...

...until 11-4.

HOLY CRAP THIS IS INSANE!!
I lost count of my attempts but between alternating & seemingly endless waves of normal troops attacking me from all sides and elite soldiers that just WON'T GO DOWN (and teammates who couldn't care less), I just can't beat it.

The faq here is no help.
Advice, anyone?
---
Abortion is the cold-blooded, soulless SLAUGHTER of a living human being.
Scientific FACT.
#2Azuma_NarooNPosted 4/25/2012 4:46:39 PM
The only advice that can be given is to take cover (with what little cover there actually is) and just get better at the game, lol. I mean that in the nicest, most sincere way possible, by the way. Headshots will destroy even the elite bodyguards.
---
"Azuma ninja!!" - Random guards in Tenchu series
"Hahahahahahaha - Mara Aramov
#3MiOddPosted 4/26/2012 1:24:52 PM
my advice? CHEAT! a feature I sorely miss this generation, games today just don't have any fun cheats. Completing a game sans cheating is very satisfying but I'll be the first to admit that I just stink at shooters, I was having trouble right from the beginning so I turned on Big Head mode so I have a larger target and then turned on One Hit Kills (both codes are in the cheat section) and I'm enjoying the game much more now. Thats just me though, I know most people frown upon cheaters today, but whatever.
---
This couch is the comfiest!
#4KingOfViolence(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2012 5:39:59 PM
Azuma_NarooN posted...
The only advice that can be given is to take cover (with what little cover there actually is) and just get better at the game, lol. I mean that in the nicest, most sincere way possible, by the way. Headshots will destroy even the elite bodyguards.

Thanx for the advice. No, really. I got better at the game (in my head) and beat it my first time back last night..
I'm sure it helped to just take the day off. Taking a break sometimes clears your head, ya know?
That, and I watched the only 2 available youtube vids for tips. Sad, I know.

MiOdd posted...
my advice? CHEAT! a feature I sorely miss this generation, games today just don't have any fun cheats. Completing a game sans cheating is very satisfying but I'll be the first to admit that I just stink at shooters, I was having trouble right from the beginning so I turned on Big Head mode so I have a larger target and then turned on One Hit Kills (both codes are in the cheat section) and I'm enjoying the game much more now. Thats just me though, I know most people frown upon cheaters today, but whatever.

Yeah, I love cheating for fun (at least I USED TO. Stupid current gen games), but I hate to do it because I'm just not good enough. I just beat it last night and immediately started my Hard run (because I'm one of those people) and after that I'll use cheats. Playing on Hard is actually a little easier than it was on Normal because now I know what to do. Using cheats on easy is gonna be totally unfair, but FUN.
---
Abortion is the cold-blooded, soulless SLAUGHTER of a living human being.
Scientific FACT.
#5Azuma_NarooNPosted 4/27/2012 11:56:48 PM

I got better at the game (in my head) and beat it my first time back last night..

That's what happened to me when I was playing Killzone 2 on Elite difficulty, and I got stuck on the very last battle. I sat there for many 30 minutes to an hour trying to beat it, but just couldn't do it. So I quit out after the checkpoint got saved, and came back the next morning. Died maybe three times, then beat it.

Taking a break and then coming back seems to work wonders for a lot of things.
---
"Azuma ninja!!" - Random guards in Tenchu series
"Hahahahahahaha - Mara Aramov
#6Kashmir75Posted 5/5/2012 2:00:48 AM
Headshots.

Some enemies in KZ1 can survive a direct shot to the face, but keep shooting for the head and they'll go down. The guns are actually quite powerful in this game, if aimed accurately. (There was a bit of a myth that it takes ten clips to down a single enemy) It's not like Call of Duty where they just drop very quickly, but precise aiming does bring Helghast down.
#7Citan22Posted 5/8/2012 6:26:33 AM
i just beat it last night and by far the 2 hardest parts for me were 10.1, like you TC, and then the very last part. i easily had to restart both of those about 12 times each lol.

a distant third place in difficulty, imo, was the level where you attack that helghast base on that river, at the end of which there are docks and you have to shoot down the 2 hovercrafts. that one took me many tries as well.

now i'm on to Black, which people say is really hard. i just hope it's not harder than those parts in Killzone.