Killzone PSN back on!

#1StankymooPosted 9/6/2012 11:52:02 AM
A Killzone HD Trilogy is coming out in October for $40 that includes an 720p, 30fps port of Killzone as well as KZ2 and 3 w/ all DLC packs. Killzone HD will also be sold separately on PSN.

I'm excited about this! I personally can't wait to play KZ1 splitscreen botmatches in 720p w/o frame rate dips!

Source: http://www.examiner.com/article/killzone-trilogy-and-killzone-hd-releasing-this-holiday-trailer-and-screens
---
HighOnPhazon on Diablo 3: "The future of video games guys, pay to buy it, play on developers terms, then pay to win!"
#2JManGTPosted 9/6/2012 8:40:40 PM
I'm very excited for this.
This was my favorite shooter on ps2 with future perfect a close second.
I miss the charachter campaigns and their branches as well as the sniper rifle which felt more realistic.
And the classic shotgun on the helghast rifle. So many awesome memories :) and what the hell ever happened to Hakha? And Luger? Doesn't matter as now I have them back lol
Though I wonder if bot ai will be improved, probably not. I was going 1 against all bots (up to 14?) on hard with nothing but the isa pistol.
---
PSN: JManGT
GT: James Upton
#3XeonGQPosted 9/7/2012 2:30:29 AM
I'll probably give this another chance when this comes out. There's a topic from a couple years ago I made here about my experience with the PS2 Killzone, where I got like halfway through and hit a bug that occurred no matter what I did or how many times I restarted and made it impossible to progress, so I sent it back quite annoyed. But I'm willing to give it another try I suppose
#4Illusive_VorchaPosted 9/7/2012 6:07:20 AM
It looks like the intro CG movie was redone based on the "killzone trilogy" trailer.
---
Proud supporter of the Capcom boycott.
#5JManGTPosted 9/7/2012 6:40:09 AM
It's the exact same intro movie from the original, just spliced with bits from 2 and 3 for the trailer.
---
#6Illusive_VorchaPosted 9/7/2012 7:21:54 PM
JManGT posted...
It's the exact same intro movie from the original, just spliced with bits from 2 and 3 for the trailer.

I know, what I meant is that the bits from Killzone 1's intro look better.
---
Proud supporter of the Capcom boycott.
#7JManGTPosted 9/9/2012 1:51:21 PM
Idk how the exact same original CG trailer can look better.... But alright! :)
---
#8Stankymoo(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2012 2:34:48 PM
It could have been re-rendered at a higher resolution. That would make it look sharper at least.
---
HighOnPhazon on Diablo 3: "The future of video games guys, pay to buy it, play on developers terms, then pay to win!"
#9Azuma_NarooNPosted 9/14/2012 9:09:29 PM
This sounds great, but I won't bother if there's no online. I spent years playing this game online, easily one of the best multiplayer shooters on the system back in the day. Most likely they won't have it though, since they didn't mention it.
---
"Azuma ninja!!" - Random guards in Tenchu series
"Hahahahahahaha" - Mara Aramov