Treasure Map

#1danial1467Posted 2/7/2009 3:33:31 AM
what is the purpose of collecting these treasure map?

is there will be useful later on?

and i have trouble...i read a walkthrough and at the Obel inner ruins...are there 2 treasure map on the same tree or what?i only managed to get one...
#2SolarMoonTearPosted 2/7/2009 2:22:01 PM
You can give them to Rene later in the game to go hunt for treasure on various other islands you find with your ship (seasickness anyone...?), finding very useful stuff. ;) Just get them all, I think there are 30 of them... And about the Ruins, I think there's definitely only one Map at that tree...
#3danial1467(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2009 6:51:42 PM
oh...ok...thanks...that was a great help...

yeah, it was before talking to Rikie, right?
#4DarthMordechaiPosted 2/7/2009 11:56:26 PM
The treasure map in Obel Ruins is got by examining the grave right at the very end where you talk to Rikie
---
My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce
Google THIS! *slowly raises middle finger* - DxEntity
#5SolarMoonTearPosted 2/8/2009 11:31:31 PM
Yeah that's right, you should definitely check the tree before talking to Rikie. 'Cause as far as I remember, you won't be able to check it again after defeating the Golem...or it's just me. But yeah, do it right away just incase.
#6danial1467(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2009 11:45:54 PM
so...when can we play this 'mini game' of collecting the treasure...

or it is automatically occured during some further storyline advance...or what...
#7DarthMordechaiPosted 2/9/2009 1:07:27 AM
Yeah that's right, you should definitely check the tree before talking to Rikie. 'Cause as far as I remember, you won't be able to check it again after defeating the Golem...or it's just me. But yeah, do it right away just incase.

You should be able to get the treasure again, although you'll have to wait until the very very end of the game, right before the point of no return. You can just walk around the golem the second time, although Travis is there too so you might need to get him out the way before you can try to get the treasure map

so...when can we play this 'mini game' of collecting the treasure...

or it is automatically occured during some further storyline advance...or what...

You need to recruit Rene to go treasure hunting. You'll need to get the message in a bottle from the beach of Nay Island first, and then go to Donut Island which is pretty much straight east from Obel. If you go to Donut Island without getting the message in a bottle then Rene won't turn up, so be sure to get that first
---
#8Leon481Posted 2/9/2009 6:56:39 AM
After you find the first treasure on Donut Island, the treasure hunting will start automatically when you enter an area you can use the maps. These areas are Donut Island, the mountain part of Mordo Island, Limeshelf Island, and Mountain Mass Island. Limeshelf and Mountan Mass are really out of the way and will require some searching to find.
#9danial1467(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2009 6:22:19 PM
i have already recruit Rene...

i see...so i have to advance the storyline first...
#10DarthMordechaiPosted 2/9/2009 11:47:13 PM
If you've already recruited her why would you need to advance the story?

Talk to her on your ship, give her your treasure maps and then go looking for them at the 4 different treasure islands. No story advancement neccesary
---