Small problem with getting Ted

#1XV-DragonPosted 4/25/2009 1:10:41 PM
I sure i have doen everything ot start the quest ot recruite him, but he will not appear in the War Room. I got 70 characters recruited and have gone alone ot the War Room and its way before the free Obel battle, but i can;t seem to get Ted to appear.
#2DarthMordechaiPosted 4/25/2009 11:48:25 PM
Don't you need 71? Try recruiting a few more people and trying again
---
My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce
Google THIS! *slowly raises middle finger* - DxEntity
#3blazefeelerPosted 4/26/2009 3:16:34 AM
You need to finish out the events in Razril (which is right before Obel, per storyline que) before the events with Ted will trigger.
---
Sacrifice the heathens!
Serving as the Proud Altar Boy of the Church of Georg since 06'
#4XV-Dragon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2009 10:56:25 AM
The reason why i thought I could get him now is because a walkthrough made by SOng says that when he got to the point i'm at, he could recruit Ted (which is right before you go to Na-Nal to fight several groups of kooluk)

Though seeing how its not working, might have ot od what you guys suggested and goa little further and hope I can trigger the event after i get a few more SODs.
#5Hotel_SecurityPosted 4/28/2009 9:49:07 AM
You need to finish out the events in Razril (which is right before Obel, per storyline que) before the events with Ted will trigger.

This is actually not correct. I just recently got the scene to trigger before I ever did anything to liberate Razril. It might have been right after the stuff at Middleport where you can recruit Reinbach and such. I tried to advance the story and went to the War Room and I ended up getting the fog ship quest instead.
#6XV-Dragon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2009 10:07:19 AM
Figured out why it did not work when it was supposed to, I missed 2 mermaids (one at Illuya and the other at the pirates nest) so I was short 2 characters. I got them now and got the scene ot work.
#7DarthMordechaiPosted 4/28/2009 1:47:20 PM
I think you can get Ted before you retake Razril, but you'll need to get every single character up to that point. I usually miss a mermaid or two until after Razril so I usually get Ted then, but I think it is possible to get it before Razril
---
My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce
Google THIS! *slowly raises middle finger* - DxEntity
#8blazefeelerPosted 5/4/2009 3:44:11 AM
Odd. I've....recruited every character possible up to that point in playthroughs of the game and never been able to get it to trigger until after retaking and recruiting in Razril. But, if the two of you say you can then it's good enough for me. I'll see what happens the next time I play.
---
Sacrifice the heathens!
Serving as the Proud Altar Boy of the Church of Georg since 06'
#9Hotel_SecurityPosted 5/5/2009 10:09:42 AM
^Blaze, I didn't think it was before Razril either but I just finished my second playthrough over the weekend and that's exactly what happened. It was right after the events where you get Reinbach II on your side. The next place to go is Na-Nal but there's no War Room scene, just an arrow on the map screen telling you to go there. Not seeing the arrow, I went to the War Room to know where to go next and got the scene with Lino that triggers the Fog ship quest. I had Ted before I even went to Na-Nal.

Part of it may be that I had gathered all the possible recruits up to that point. Another inaccurate part of the FAQs is how a few seem to say that you need to gather all of the mermaids in a certain over but only the one in Iluya requires you to collect all the others first. You can collect the other three mermaids in any order so I had them all up to this point in the game. That could have been the difference that put me over that 70-recruits threshhold...