This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pikachu or Electabuzz or Voltorb or Magnemite or Jolteon!?

#1JoeFace123Posted 5/15/2010 6:41:50 PM
Which one should i get??
(FireRed)
#2gbchaosmasterPosted 5/15/2010 6:57:27 PM
1. Assign them the numbers 1-5
2. Write the numbers in small pieces of paper
3. Put the pieces of paper in an opaque bag
4. Scramble the pieces
5. Get one of the pieces without looking
6. Voila
---
gbchaosmaster
#3JoeFace123(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2010 6:59:47 PM
that's too much work xP
which one would you pick?
#4_Emanresu_Posted 5/15/2010 7:07:18 PM
Jolteon or Magnemite.

---
86.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets. -Gurney Halleck
#5Scotty92592Posted 5/15/2010 7:08:49 PM
Magnemite fo sho
---
PSN: yoscotty_
#6gbchaosmasterPosted 5/15/2010 7:11:58 PM
Person A will say Jolteon, person B will say Magneton, person C will say Pikachu, etc while I say all of them are effective.

And yet, none of those answers will change the fact that you have to pick it yourself.

Let me put extra emphasis on that:

pick it yourself.
---
gbchaosmaster
#7JoeFace123(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2010 7:13:10 PM
haha alright then :p
#8Globe_199Posted 5/15/2010 8:03:31 PM
I'd advise against Voltorb and Magnemite. Voltorb's only real advantage is exploding, which isn't such a great tactic for in-game. Similarly Magnemite is only really good for trapping and killing Skarmories in competitive play, which just doesn't happen in FR.

Pikachu (evolve to Raichu) and Electabuzz have better move options, mostly on the physical side. Jolteon is good if all you're after is a fast T-Wave of T-Bolt, but don't expect much more in the way of type coverage.
---
Life is just a series of problems that make you wish you were dead until you are!
#9gbchaosmasterPosted 5/16/2010 7:14:54 AM
New lows in being wrong, Globe?

Voltorb's only real advantage is exploding, which isn't such a great tactic for in-game.

Regardless, he works for someone who finds that its advantage is looking cool.

Similarly Magnemite is only really good for trapping and killing Skarmories in competitive play, which just doesn't happen in FR.

Trapping aside, Magneton is at least as good as all other UU electrics, if not better. Both ingame and competitive. Similarly, Jolteon's merit comes almost exclusively from Baton Pass - since that's not viable ingame either, he's at the same league as the others.

Pikachu (evolve to Raichu) and Electabuzz have better move options, mostly on the physical side. Jolteon is good if all you're after is a fast T-Wave of T-Bolt, but don't expect much more in the way of type coverage.

Oh, is it the Brick Break that hardly does any damage against Rocks even ingame? Or is it the Cross Chop that is Elekid's egg move? Or do you mean the elemental punches from Emerald? Or the wasted Focus Punch/Substitute combo? Or some equally forgettable/hard-to-obtain move that isn't better than switching to another pokemon?

Electric types can't do anything but Thunderbolt ingame. No exceptions. Yet they're more than comfortable with it.

Globe, reply to the hand. If anyone else wants to reply in his place, I'll answer them.
---
gbchaosmaster
#10PorkiliciousPosted 5/16/2010 9:44:35 AM
Magneton has the biggest pewpew firepower of the four. Buzz has the best movepool.