This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I catch a Dugtrio/Diglett?

#1SchizofranticPosted 7/24/2008 11:58:10 PM
Okay so I just beat Misty with my level 26 Charmeleon and level 26 Mankey.
I have been contemplating catching a Dugtrio or a Diglett, would this be a wise choice?
It's been a while since I've played a Red version of any kind and I don't remember.
---
{insert quarter for original signature}
#2Zhou14Posted 7/25/2008 12:23:44 AM
Ingame anything not named Chansey or Onix works. A Diglett is a good asset though, especially for sweeping Lt. Surge.
---
"Incase anybody actually knew, a critical hit is 50%. Either it happens or it doesn't." -Nojbo
#3Schizofrantic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2008 12:52:40 AM
Actually I'm not sure I will.
My two are high enough level to take on Surge.
both are at 28 right now, and I haven't fought ANY trainers in the area.
---
{insert quarter for original signature}
#4dredmon133Posted 7/25/2008 1:21:34 AM
teach char dig prblm solved
#5darthwillisPosted 7/25/2008 8:10:14 AM
Catching more pokemon never hurt anyone.
#6Amon_IshtarPosted 7/25/2008 3:12:22 PM
If you had been training a Nidoking or Nidoqueen, you wouldn't be having this choice problem, period.

Aside from that, well, just do whatever, but it doesn't hurt to have a backup plan - in this case, Diglett/Dugtrio if your current team sucks against Lt. Surge.
---
So, I heard I was an unreliable source of information.
#7gbchaosmasterPosted 7/25/2008 3:33:53 PM
If you had been training a Nidoking or Nidoqueen, you wouldn't be having this choice problem, period.

But then again, there's a reason why he didn't go with those.

Aside from that, well, just do whatever, but it doesn't hurt to have a backup plan - in this case, Diglett/Dugtrio if your current team sucks against Lt. Surge.

Look at the team. It doesn't.
---
gbchaosmaster
#8ShamblingShellPosted 7/25/2008 9:05:44 PM
Yeah, both of those Pokemon can learn Dig, and you are a high enough level it shouldn't be issue.

In other news, Mankey evolves to Primeape at level 28. The fact this wasn't mentioned is... surprising. And also suspicious.
---
The demon that killed my mother, and her father, and his father before him, will die with my own death. In a way, I will emerge victorious.
#9SinisterSynPosted 7/25/2008 10:13:16 PM
I found Diglett to be quite useful, especially against Surge. Immune to Electric and Attacks are Strong Vs. them, win-win. Plus, Dig is just plain awesome so far, assuming it one-shots the enemy. Even then, being able to dodge an attack helps, depending on what attack it was. It didn't seem to take too long for him to evolve either, so that's two more entries in my Pokedex, another bonus. Dugtrio has pretty good Speed also, so being able to use Dig before they get a move off is very likely.

You can buy the Dig TM when you get to Celadon, but I fought Surge as soon as I could, so it wasn't really a viable option then. Can't remember if I had any or many before then, off hand. I made it a point to catch every single Pokemon that I could and even evolve them if it was easy enough, just so I could find see their potential and to raise my Pokedex rank for Oak's aides and such. Kind of wish I didn't bother since I now realize I can just catch some of those evolutions later, but meh, too late now I suppose. :T
#10gbchaosmasterPosted 7/26/2008 4:24:38 AM
Even then, being able to dodge an attack helps, depending on what attack it was.

Nope. It doesn't make much of a difference in the end.

You can buy the Dig TM when you get to Celadon

You can get it once you leave Cerulean.
---
gbchaosmaster