This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When should I evolve my Eevee?

#1EmeralDragon23Posted 7/31/2008 8:58:13 AM
I's currently at lv. 27 and I want to evolve it into Jolteon. When should I evolve it?

Also, can you guys give me suggestions on my sixth pokemon? Currently I have Charmeleon, Pidgeotto,Butterfree, Eevee, and Dratini. I'm in Celadon city and this in all ingame btw. Not too interested in raising a competitive team atm.
---
I heard Captain Falcon's nipples can destroy the moon. - Derbmeister
Thanks for spoiling Majora's Mask for me. - Minjo Master
#2Darth MomPosted 7/31/2008 9:03:06 AM
When you evolve your Eevee depends on the moveset you want for your Pokemon. Decide on a moveset for Jolteon, then you can figure out the best time to evolve.
---
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, "What the hell happened?"
#3EmeralDragon23(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2008 9:06:15 AM
I guess I'll just evolve it now then, since the only move that Eevee learns that interests me is Bite, but Jolteon learns Double Kick at the same level...
---
#4SinisterSynPosted 7/31/2008 1:11:49 PM
I usually just try to make sure I have access to attacks when I need them. While Butterfree will have Psybeam, I'd almost want a Pokemon that would have a Psychic type with access to Psychic (since Koga is coming up and he uses Poison types). It's just a strong attack in general, though. Kadabra is good if you can trade to make him Alakazam. He is pretty physically weak, but having Recover is a nice addition. Hypno is a more beefier, but just doesn't have as high of a S.Atk. Or even go for someone with Ground attacks like Dugtrio or Marowak (with Rock Hero instead of LightningRod for Double-Edge).

Can't say what you really "need" since I, myself, am only just coming up on the Silph Co. and I don't stick with just a core 6 Pokemon at any given time, so there may be alot better choices for you to use than these guys. But once you get to the Safari Zone, it's not so bad since you can just go find and capture something you need at a decent level. I found Exeggcute to be quite perfect for Koga's trainers' Pokemon (all Psychic for the most part). All of his skills seemed to prove useful (except for Confusion, unless it actually confused them).
#5HMandACFanPosted 7/31/2008 1:21:57 PM
I'd evolve him at the level he learns Bite, because Jolteon will still learn Double Kick if you evolve him AT THAT LEVEL.

Charmeleon, Pidgeotto,Butterfree, Eevee, and Dratini.

Butterfree can learn Psychic from the TM, and that's perfectly fine for Koga. I would say you need a decent water-type pokemon, so you don't have to give Dratini water-type moves. Since you're already this far without one, however, could you possibly make it until you learn surf (you can teach it to any random pokemon you have, if you have Lapras by then for example) and get Tentacool/cruel? It has excellent Sp. Def, and so Psychic and Electric don't do much to it. Ground is it's only threat, but since it's so much faster than ground-type it can Surf them to death before they can kill it.
---
If life gives you lemons, find someone whose life gives them grapes and have a party.
#6gbchaosmasterPosted 7/31/2008 2:17:12 PM
Bite is pretty pointless as Thunderbolt does more damage, even with type advantages/disadvantages, except for rare pokemon like Exeggutor and obviously Ground types (none of which warrant Bite's use, and Bite won't save Jolteon from those Grounds)

Use anything you want for ingame, even if the other people wrongly said otherwise.
---
gbchaosmaster
#7EmeralDragon23(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2008 3:00:22 PM
Yeah, I need a water-type. I was debating either Psyduck or Tentacool, because it would be too hard to raise Lapras to the level of my other Pokemon.

I haven't even stepped foot in the Ghost Tower and skipped all the trainers on my way to Celadon, yet my my Pokemon are all 33, so I don't know what level they'll be when I reach Lapras, so I don't wanna take chances. I'll probably teach Surf to Dragonair so i can pick up a water type and then replace Surf with something else.
---
#8gbchaosmasterPosted 7/31/2008 3:34:06 PM
You don't actually need a Water type since you have Dragonair.
---
gbchaosmaster
#9EmeralDragon23(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2008 3:50:38 PM
Yeah, but sticking Surf on it limits the moves I can teach it. But I really don't know what moves I'm gonna teach my Dragonair...
---
#10gbchaosmasterPosted 7/31/2008 3:53:22 PM
Exactly. Surf is still a good move for it.
---
gbchaosmaster