Does Exp Share effect the holder's EV?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon FireRed Version
  3. Does Exp Share effect the holder's EV?

User Info: Tidusauron77

Tidusauron77
8 years ago#1
Topic...
Feel the pain of those inferior beings, as you burn in hell!
-Kratos, Tales of Symphonia

User Info: Maniac2005

Maniac2005
8 years ago#2
Yes.
http://www.sativaindica.proboards.com - Sativa? Indica? Weed?

User Info: Globe_199

Globe_199
8 years ago#3
*affect.

And no, it does, in fact, not. Any Pokemon gaining experience from one enemy will receive the same EVs as the one that actually battled, which is the full amount.
Life is just a series of problems that make you wish you were dead until you are!

User Info: Tidusauron77

Tidusauron77
8 years ago#4
Nice catch on the grammar; I did not notice that.

So really it does affect the EV's because the Pokemon with Exp. Share, even though never participating in battle themselves, still receives Exp? I feel like you were saying two different ideas in your post. Could you explain?
Feel the pain of those inferior beings, as you burn in hell!
-Kratos, Tales of Symphonia

User Info: kirbymuncher

kirbymuncher
8 years ago#5
Any pokemon that gains EXP from the battle will also gain the full amount of EVs.

So whether that counts as affecting or not is up to you, I guess.
So what happens after FE10?
Astrid becomes a professional comedian by showing off her base stats-WaterofDarkness

User Info: Hotarubi1c3

Hotarubi1c3
8 years ago#6
My question on the EXP. Share/EV thing is, if the pokemon holding EXP share battles, would it get more EVs? Or is the Macho Brace the only item that can do that?
OMB, JUMPING FLYING FLAMING TACOS! -eats tacos, burns to death-

User Info: Globe_199

Globe_199
8 years ago#7
I feel like I need to explain this using a flow chart or something, even though it's not that difficult. I'll use an example though. Copy and paste the below link into a different internet window so you cna follow along:

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/275/stats

Look where it says "Effort Values Awarded" and you will find that 3 EVs in attack are awarded when Shiftry is defeated.

EVs are rewarded when receiving experience. A Pokemon holding the Macho Brace will gain 2x the EVs (ie: 6), and ALL OTHER POKEMON receiving experience, regardless of whether this is obtained through EXP share/battling/both, will obtain the base (3) EVs.
Life is just a series of problems that make you wish you were dead until you are!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon FireRed Version
  3. Does Exp Share effect the holder's EV?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived