This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Exp Share effect the holder's EV?

#1Tidusauron77Posted 3/15/2009 7:55:38 PM
Topic...
---
Feel the pain of those inferior beings, as you burn in hell!
-Kratos, Tales of Symphonia
#2Maniac2005Posted 3/15/2009 8:14:39 PM
Yes.
---
http://www.sativaindica.proboards.com - Sativa? Indica? Weed?
#3Globe_199Posted 3/15/2009 10:42:04 PM
*affect.

And no, it does, in fact, not. Any Pokemon gaining experience from one enemy will receive the same EVs as the one that actually battled, which is the full amount.
---
Life is just a series of problems that make you wish you were dead until you are!
#4Tidusauron77(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2009 7:26:42 PM
Nice catch on the grammar; I did not notice that.

So really it does affect the EV's because the Pokemon with Exp. Share, even though never participating in battle themselves, still receives Exp? I feel like you were saying two different ideas in your post. Could you explain?
---
Feel the pain of those inferior beings, as you burn in hell!
-Kratos, Tales of Symphonia
#5kirbymuncherPosted 3/18/2009 3:29:21 AM
Any pokemon that gains EXP from the battle will also gain the full amount of EVs.

So whether that counts as affecting or not is up to you, I guess.
---
So what happens after FE10?
Astrid becomes a professional comedian by showing off her base stats-WaterofDarkness
#6Hotarubi1c3Posted 3/18/2009 11:28:59 AM
My question on the EXP. Share/EV thing is, if the pokemon holding EXP share battles, would it get more EVs? Or is the Macho Brace the only item that can do that?
---
OMB, JUMPING FLYING FLAMING TACOS! -eats tacos, burns to death-
#7Globe_199Posted 3/19/2009 8:38:16 PM
I feel like I need to explain this using a flow chart or something, even though it's not that difficult. I'll use an example though. Copy and paste the below link into a different internet window so you cna follow along:

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/275/stats

Look where it says "Effort Values Awarded" and you will find that 3 EVs in attack are awarded when Shiftry is defeated.

EVs are rewarded when receiving experience. A Pokemon holding the Macho Brace will gain 2x the EVs (ie: 6), and ALL OTHER POKEMON receiving experience, regardless of whether this is obtained through EXP share/battling/both, will obtain the base (3) EVs.
---
Life is just a series of problems that make you wish you were dead until you are!