This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a move modifier code?

#1Lord ZhouYuPosted 5/7/2009 11:59:36 AM
I've tried the one listed here:

http://www.supercheats.com/gameboyadvance/pokemonfireredcodes.htm

But I just can't get it to work. The "In-battle move modifier" codes work fine, but of course, only last for the battle. But since they work, I doubt this is a problem with my version of the game.

I have the "Code Trigger" above the "Learn Move Activator" and "Move modifier", but can't get it to "activate" anything. If I use the Code Trigger button combo during battle before running away, it'll let me run away normally-if I don't press the buttons during battle or if the code is off altogether, running away will cause my front Pokèmon to use "-" and then freeze(except that the music still plays)

One possible problem that I can't test is that I'm using a Pro Action Replay v3+, and using a code converter to turn those Codebreaker codes into PARv3 ones. I'm wondering if there's some way the "Learn Move Activator" codes work that isn't carrying over to the PAR's own software.

Basically, I want to teach Umbreon Baton Pass because I realized that if you use it after Mean Look, the opponent still has the ML effect(No wonder everyone does it >.>"). What I can do is use Ciro's Pokèmon Maker to work up a complete copy except for that one move and put it in over the original, but... Entering those massive codes is hard on the eyes and combersome :(.

I would think that there was just some simple one-line code where each move a Pokèmon knows is one address and the value determines the move, like in the old Pokèmon games or for Item modifiers, but...
---
Jamesruglia: Sylph Bastok10 Hume Male PLD75-WAR37, JamesrugliaxAidrianna
I LIKE Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, FF: Mystic Quest, and Star Ocean 3.
#2Lord ZhouYu(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2009 11:12:52 AM
Hm.

Those tricky Nintendos them... I suppose it truly isn't that simple then.

If anyone knows how to use that move modifier code and could enlighten me, that's be nice. Until then(or until I get a DS game with that Pokèsav so I can point/click)...
---
Jamesruglia: Sylph Bastok10 Hume Male PLD75-WAR37, JamesrugliaxAidrianna
I LIKE Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, FF: Mystic Quest, and Star Ocean 3.