This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many pokemon are physically catchable?

#1SimplyDementedPosted 8/29/2009 9:59:50 PM
I am sorry as I KNOW this must be on the boards somewhere, but I have been unable to locate it with search function and looking in the sticky.

I know you can have all 386 in this game, but how many are physically obtainable in this game alone? I was under the impression the new islands had the pokemon that were not in the original versions (the 152+ ones minus like starters and a few exceptions), but I read a FAQs that did not mention any new ones as catchable there.

So, if one only has this one game, are you still looking at the same catches as the original release with no new additions in the game?

---
FFXI: Mayonaka ~ Xbox Live: SimplyDemented1 ~ PS3: SimplyDemented
Now: FFXI, BlazBlu, Battlefield 1943, Halo 3
#2smashINgConTrolPosted 8/29/2009 10:26:46 PM
my head hurts trying to read that =(

idk, but if you have leafgreen alone, you'll be able to get further than if you have firered
---
«smashINgConTrol»
#3TimeSpaceMagePosted 8/29/2009 11:10:17 PM
The Series Pokemon Catching guide used to have this information, but he took it out when DP came out. With FR alone you can get 168 pokemon, and with LG you can get 171.

Yes, you can catch newer pokemon in this game once you get the NationalDex. You have to beat the game and get 60 caught in your pokedex first.
---
Proudly serving in the United States Air Force.
http://ddr.ddrecall.com/user.php?user=3761
#4SimplyDemented(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2009 6:29:05 AM
168 is no where close to the 380-something I have heard is the total. Is the 168 before or after you get the national pokedex?

---
#5gbchaosmasterPosted 8/30/2009 6:47:21 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6gbchaosmasterPosted 8/30/2009 6:47:33 AM
Since there are only 150 non-National Dex pokemon... you know the answer.

And you weren't under the impression that you could capture all 386 pokemon in one game alone, were you?
---
gbchaosmaster
#7SimplyDemented(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2009 7:35:31 AM
I wasnt under the impression of 386 is one game alone, but I was under the impression that you could catch (close to) the full 386 between fire red and leaf green. I was kinda hoping like 280 in each with only about 10-20 not available in either (other games starters, mew, etc.).

But your right, I should have had the brains to put together that the 168 is after the upgrade, honestly wasn't thinking at that point.

Thank you all, question has been answered. :)

---