This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Problem with Ciro's Pokemon Maker

#1game2002Posted 10/13/2010 3:04:57 AM
I've started using Ciro's Pokemon Maker recently. After following the instructions on Ciro's site, I was able to get it to work without problems on Pokemon Emerald, but when I tried to use it on Pokemon Fire Red, the screen turns dark every time I access my Pokemon storage on the PC.

Can anyone please tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks in advance!
---
Praise the Lord, our one true God!
#2game2002(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2010 3:06:11 AM
Also, is the boosted EXP points for the created Pokemon supposed to be normal?
---
#3RaikouTGCPosted 10/13/2010 4:45:02 AM
I never had a problem like that with it.
As far as the Boosted Experience means you likely do not have a matching Secret ID between the ones you are creating and the Game
---
Raikou the Thunder Tiger strikes again
#4game2002(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2010 9:33:38 AM
Okay, it appears that using codes from Ciro's Pokemon Maker and the Pokemon Encounter Code Generator will either cause a black screen to appear or get all the boxes filled with bad eggs when accessing the Pokemon storage in Pokemon Fire Red.

Has anyone gotten the codes to work without those problems?
---
#5BattlescarsPosted 10/13/2010 11:48:26 AM
all the cool kids use this program:
http://www.pokeyplay.com/comunidad/index.php?showtopic=47432
it's in spanish, but it's a million times better than using codes/cheats
---
"One does not sell the earth upon which the people walk." -- Crazy Horse
#6game2002(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2010 9:53:57 PM
Thanks, but it only seems to work with Emerald. I'm looking for one that is compatible is Fire Red or Leaf Green. I can't read Spanish either...

On the second thought, maybe it has something to do with the version of the game... My current version is 1.1. I'll go and try out other versions first.
---
#7BattlescarsPosted 10/13/2010 11:14:34 PM
it also works with fire red and leaf green, but you do have to change the setting to allow for it. on the screen where it shows your trainer info on the left and party pokes on the right, you can change it from the menu there.

also i can't read spanish either, i just figured it out with a bit of trial and error.
---
#8game2002(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2010 2:08:37 AM
I would appreciate it if you can give me a bit of tutorial. For example, I want a:

Bulbasaur with the moves Fire Blast, Dragon Rage, Blizzard, and HP Water
Level 5
Adamant Nature
Male

Of course, the IV must be so that it will make Hidden Power become water-type and has a base power of 70. What must I do to get it to work? Can you please teach me?
---
#9BattlescarsPosted 10/14/2010 10:12:28 AM
in the link i provided you would only be dealing with the last two screenshots primarily. there you can see your party, and when you double click a party poke you can bring up all its info where you can edit its moves,ivs,evs,level, etc or even make it a different poke altogether. whatever. alternatively you can double click an empty party slot and bring up a default poke (bulbasaur lvl5 that only knows tackle and growl i think) where you can change it to whatever you want

im pretty sure you can only give your pokes moves that are in its movepool and if you want the correct HP you'll have to enter the ivs in manually. here is a good site for determining the Hidden power ivs you want: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13601
---
#10game2002(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2010 6:27:29 AM
What a mess... Just when I thought that everything was going smoothly, the game messes up when I go into the TM Case... I go in there and see a messed up font, and choosing it causes the game to freeze. I'll have to mess around with software until I can get the game to work properly, assuming that I still feel like trying it out...

Anyway, thanks for introducing me to this software!

Speaking of which, does this happen to you as well?
---