This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good Natures for Growlithe?

#1DraconinjaPosted 1/29/2013 6:23:37 PM
I'm doing a runthrough, but I'm not used to the Nature system. I know that it gives boosted growth for one stat, but slower growth to another, but that's about it. I'm trying to catch a Growlithe for this game, but wanted to know what Nature I should go for. Also, ability-wise, is Flash-Fire better or Intimidate?
Thanks in advance.
#2kirbymuncherPosted 1/29/2013 6:50:08 PM
Honestly, it's not that big of a deal ingame, since you can easily compensate for even the worst nature with just an extra level or 2. If you really want to fuss about natures, there's a chart here: http://www.smogon.com/rs/natures/

If a nature says + for a stat, that stat will be increased 10%. If it's -, well, it decreases 10%. For that reason, all the natures are just trade-offs: if you're not using any physical attacks, why not get a -ATK +SPATK nature? Or if you want to be more defensive, maybe a -SPD + DEF nature? Arcanine especially is all over the place in terms of stats, so specific nature is not so much of an issue.

Intimidate is definitely much better than Flash Fire though, since it helps against all physical attacks instead of just fire moves (which you already resist anyways)
---
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF
#3psxyPosted 2/13/2013 9:21:42 AM
Draconinja posted...
I'm doing a runthrough, but I'm not used to the Nature system. I know that it gives boosted growth for one stat, but slower growth to another, but that's about it. I'm trying to catch a Growlithe for this game, but wanted to know what Nature I should go for. Also, ability-wise, is Flash-Fire better or Intimidate?
Thanks in advance.

adamant. one look at arcanine's movepool tells you that he's not gonna be doing much special attacking. i guess you could do jolly.

either ability is fine, personal choice would dictate Intimidate for me though.
---
The best when it mattered.
#4kirbymuncherPosted 2/13/2013 11:27:22 AM
psxy posted...
adamant. one look at arcanine's movepool tells you that he's not gonna be doing much special attacking. i guess you could do jolly.

not like he'll be doing much physical attacking either <_<

Physical options: Extremespeed, Iron Tail (lol)
Special options: Fire Blast/Flamethrower, Crunch
---
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF