My Golbat won't evolve...

#1gotdangitPosted 6/10/2009 2:10:37 PM

Why won't he evolve, i've beaten the pokemon league, got the national dex, and he is level 42.

I've been training him from level 16 Zubat, and he's only died about 4 times I think. He should have enough happiness to evolve. Maybe he doesn't have enough happiness, I think he should because I've been training him not using an exp. share.

Maybe I can't even get crobat without trading or something?

Anyways do you guys think I should switch out my Pidgeot for Crobat, or keep both? I also have a primeape that is not very usefull so I was going to switch him out for Crobat, but maybe it's not worth it to have both Pidgeot and Crobat on the same team because they are both flying.

Thanks.

#2bladeofchickenPosted 6/10/2009 2:16:09 PM
Try going to Daisy in Pallet Town. She can groom one of your pokemon and after that she can rate the first pokemon's happiness.
#3Saint_CoyotePosted 6/10/2009 2:54:37 PM
Ditch the Pigeot, as Crobat is immensly superior.

Increase happiness by gaining levels and shoving vitamins down it's throat. Also, go to Pokemon Tower in Lavendar Town and up to the top floor where you met Mr. Fuji. On the tile where he was standing you'll find a Soothe Bell (it's invisible, the itemfinder will help you locate it). Give your Golbat the 'Bell to hold and it will gain double happiness when walking around in the field.

---
Sunderland 'til I die - Ha'way the Lads!
PSOBB: Redfield - lv200 RAmarl // GTA: 500% - III / VC / SA / LCS / VCS
#4Super CreaturesPosted 6/10/2009 5:39:14 PM

Increase happiness by gaining levels and shoving vitamins down it's throat. Also, go to Pokemon Tower in Lavendar Town and up to the top floor where you met Mr. Fuji. On the tile where he was standing you'll find a Soothe Bell (it's invisible, the itemfinder will help you locate it). Give your Golbat the 'Bell to hold and it will gain double happiness when walking around in the field.

To expand on this, you have to use the Item Finder on the exact tile you find the Soothe Bell on and you will automatically dig it up, just like with the leftovers on the tiles the two snorlaxes were, if you use it on any other tile, the Item Finder will not respond.
---
My ToS Riddle FAQ: http://www.geocities.com/supercreatures/
#5amp888Posted 6/10/2009 9:20:30 PM
Quit letting your Golbat faint, that a sure way to drive its happiness way down. Dont trade it either, that will also drive its happiness down. Although, on the other hand, you could trade it to Emerald, feed it Eraser Berries to raise its happiness, feed it vitamins to raise it higher, evolve to Crobat, feed it Eraser Berries again to reset its EVs, then trade it back and EV train it however you want.
---
I'm not from this planet. I'm from a different planet. I cant understand your humor. Cultural differences, you know.
#6gbchaosmasterPosted 6/11/2009 3:53:13 AM

IMMENSELY... Except not. And having both is not a bad idea either.

Tastes, not battle capabilities. Remember that, pseudo-gb.
---
gbchaosmaster
#7grimmvampirePosted 6/11/2009 6:05:12 AM
This isnt rocket science. 1-Let it become the first member of you team 2-dont let it faint 3-always heal it if it runs short of hp 4-DO NOT TRADE IT!!! 5- do as one previous poster says and check poke's friendship with Daisy 6-Get your pokemon groomed by Daisy 7-SOOTHE BELL...helps lots!!!
In my opinion..........ditch the Pidgeot.
#8Super CreaturesPosted 6/11/2009 7:45:07 AM
AFAIK and IIRC, 1 and 3 have nothing to do with happiness.
---
My ToS Riddle FAQ: http://www.geocities.com/supercreatures/