When does general trading become available?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon LeafGreen Version
  3. When does general trading become available?
5 years ago#1
I'm playing on VBA Link (Visual Boy Advance Link), trying to trade my Pokemon. However, when I go to the trade NPC in the Pokemon Center, she says "I'm terribly sorry. The Pokemon Wireless Club is undergoing adjustments now." Is this because I'm playing on a ROM, or do I have to pass a certain point in the game to be able to trade?

If it helps, I just got done battling my rival for the first time, and went up to the first city, where the first Pokemon Center is. Do I have to get the first gym badge or what?

I've tried searching the quoted text on Google, but nothing has come up with a clear answer. I've also tried using the search function for the LeafGreen board on here, but nadda.

Any help is appreciated. If it is the emulator/ROM, then I know I just have to change my settings, and I can get to that ASAP.
EternalKingdom, a site for either new or avid role-players:
http://eternalkingdom.motionsforum.com/
5 years ago#2
Like all other pokemon games, you can do "regular" trading (ie. to FR/LG) once you get your Pokedex. I also think you need to have a minimum of two pokemon in the party.

If you want to trade to RSE, you can only do it much later in the game, after the Elite 4.
gbchaosmaster
5 years ago#3
All right, thanks for the response. I've got it working fine now. I've never traded Pokemon before, so I didn't know how it worked.

Again, thanks.
"A wild Bidoof appeared!"
Quite possibly the stupidest Pokemon name ever.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon LeafGreen Version
  3. When does general trading become available?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived