When does general trading become available?

#1InnerSolacePosted 9/10/2011 1:09:16 PM
I'm playing on VBA Link (Visual Boy Advance Link), trying to trade my Pokemon. However, when I go to the trade NPC in the Pokemon Center, she says "I'm terribly sorry. The Pokemon Wireless Club is undergoing adjustments now." Is this because I'm playing on a ROM, or do I have to pass a certain point in the game to be able to trade?

If it helps, I just got done battling my rival for the first time, and went up to the first city, where the first Pokemon Center is. Do I have to get the first gym badge or what?

I've tried searching the quoted text on Google, but nothing has come up with a clear answer. I've also tried using the search function for the LeafGreen board on here, but nadda.

Any help is appreciated. If it is the emulator/ROM, then I know I just have to change my settings, and I can get to that ASAP.
---
EternalKingdom, a site for either new or avid role-players:
http://eternalkingdom.motionsforum.com/
#2gbchaosmasterPosted 9/10/2011 1:25:32 PM
Like all other pokemon games, you can do "regular" trading (ie. to FR/LG) once you get your Pokedex. I also think you need to have a minimum of two pokemon in the party.

If you want to trade to RSE, you can only do it much later in the game, after the Elite 4.
---
gbchaosmaster
#3InnerSolace(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2011 1:31:31 PM
All right, thanks for the response. I've got it working fine now. I've never traded Pokemon before, so I didn't know how it worked.

Again, thanks.
---
"A wild Bidoof appeared!"
Quite possibly the stupidest Pokemon name ever.