Majora's Mask 100% in one 3-days cycle?

#1Neo QwertyPosted 9/5/2009 6:54:02 PM
Beating Majora's Mask with all sidequests tied up neatly with a happy end in a single three-days cycle, is it possible with enough practice, preparation, and speedrunning skills? Speedrunning route fragments and so on are welcome!

By preparation, I mean previously having obtained all masks, songs, and boss remains for fast travel.

I just want to complete the game with everyone's troubles solved in the same cycle to have a soothed conscience when I lay the smackdown on Majora's Mask.

Bonus question: Can you have Fierce Deity's Mask AND all your extra masks in a single game file without a gameshark?
---
Warning: Abrasive if rubbed the wrong way.
#2NikraPosted 9/6/2009 2:03:42 AM
It can't be done! Some of the side quests must be done twice in order to get upgrades. One is the Kafei and Anju Quest. When you start that side quest, you must choose between getting a bottle filled with Chateau Romani or the Postman's Hat.
---
The tyrant's ideal: To get a dog to carry it's own whip and be proud of it.
#3NikraPosted 9/6/2009 2:09:43 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4NikraPosted 9/6/2009 2:16:28 AM
Bonus question: Can you have Fierce Deity's Mask AND all your extra masks in a single game file without a gameshark?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that? Of course you can have all the masks on one file. That's kind of the whole idea with this game.

---
The tyrant's ideal: To get a dog to carry it's own whip and be proud of it.
#5KaitengiriPosted 9/6/2009 5:42:08 PM
As far as I'm aware, last time I checked, the fastest speedrun for this game was in two complete cycles. And that was just for a bare minimum. %100 would be impossible in 1.

Even if you try to only complete sidequests in 1 cycle, I.E. give everyone their happy ending, well, it'd be highly unlikely, as many quest points tend to overlap each other. Like the Romani Ranch Night quest and the Old Bomb Shop lady quest.

At best, you could pick a few key quests and do those, but you'd be pretty busy trying to accomplish many of them simultaneously.
---
If you're wondering about my misspelled user name, check my quote.