Activate Slavery Civic?

#1Slash_outPosted 6/21/2010 8:30:09 PM
So I found on the other topics how to use the slavery button.
I have Bronze working research. So I should have Slavery. But on my cities I can't activate the "Slavery" button it still says "Slavery needed", so my guess is that I should activate it somewhere... But how do I do that?

I should have enough population to use Slavery btw (I have +9 angry people for overcrowding in the city I want to use it).
#2Slash_out(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 9:28:25 PM
I found how to activate it.
But I still can't use it Oo... Man why does this stuff has to be so complicated...
#3Xiahou MaoPosted 6/21/2010 9:29:09 PM
When you first research Bronze Working (and other techs that unlock new Civics), a popup screen will appear to allow you to switch to it immediately. If you choose not to do so, you can access the Civics menu by pressing F3.
---
Xiahou Mao, True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
#4Slash_out(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 11:51:56 PM
Yeah I did that, but when I am on the city screen. The button for slavery is still grayed out, even though I have plenty of extra people in my city :s.
#5Were TigerPosted 6/22/2010 12:26:01 AM
Are you sure you actually changed Civics and didn't just select Slavery then exit without clicking "Begin Revolution"?

Also note that you can only sacrifice at most half of a city's population at a time, so for larger buildings you might not have the population necessary.
---
"Est Sularus oth Mithas...'My honor is my life.' You are your father all over again."
-Tanis Half-elven, Dragons of Summer Flame
#6Slash_out(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2010 1:12:42 AM
Yes I did do the revolution. But didn't know about the max population thingy.
Apparently that was the reason, I just tried it on a city with less days left for the building it was making, and the button wasn't grayed out :).
Thanks for the info ! Really helped me out... I twas frustrating to not be able to use that function.
#7Supernova 163Posted 6/22/2010 7:20:19 AM
If you hold the pointer over the whip button it tells you how much population is needed to rush the current building.
---
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.