Activate Slavery Civic?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Sid Meier's Civilization IV
  3. Activate Slavery Civic?
6 years ago#1
So I found on the other topics how to use the slavery button.
I have Bronze working research. So I should have Slavery. But on my cities I can't activate the "Slavery" button it still says "Slavery needed", so my guess is that I should activate it somewhere... But how do I do that?

I should have enough population to use Slavery btw (I have +9 angry people for overcrowding in the city I want to use it).
6 years ago#2
I found how to activate it.
But I still can't use it Oo... Man why does this stuff has to be so complicated...
6 years ago#3
When you first research Bronze Working (and other techs that unlock new Civics), a popup screen will appear to allow you to switch to it immediately. If you choose not to do so, you can access the Civics menu by pressing F3.
Xiahou Mao, True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
6 years ago#4
Yeah I did that, but when I am on the city screen. The button for slavery is still grayed out, even though I have plenty of extra people in my city :s.
6 years ago#5
Are you sure you actually changed Civics and didn't just select Slavery then exit without clicking "Begin Revolution"?

Also note that you can only sacrifice at most half of a city's population at a time, so for larger buildings you might not have the population necessary.
"Est Sularus oth Mithas...'My honor is my life.' You are your father all over again."
-Tanis Half-elven, Dragons of Summer Flame
6 years ago#6
Yes I did do the revolution. But didn't know about the max population thingy.
Apparently that was the reason, I just tried it on a city with less days left for the building it was making, and the button wasn't grayed out :).
Thanks for the info ! Really helped me out... I twas frustrating to not be able to use that function.
6 years ago#7
If you hold the pointer over the whip button it tells you how much population is needed to rush the current building.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
  1. Boards
  2. Sid Meier's Civilization IV
  3. Activate Slavery Civic?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived