Is there a faster way to increase chicken hearts...

#1pandimePosted 1/11/2009 11:59:49 AM
...in addition to carrying them and leaving them outside? I'm in Summer of my second year and I'm still waiting for one of my chicken's hearts to increase to 8 so it can start laying golden eggs (-_-).

---
The great thing about chatting online is that if you're insulted, you can Google a comeback.
"Funga!" Retired Navy Evil Pig of the Tomba board!
#2Legeon86Posted 1/16/2009 8:41:53 PM
Use the confessional in the church! It's open Monday, Wednesday, and any time it rains or snows (but not in a hurricane). SAVE outside the confession room (it's the room on the left in the back) then enter, pick confess, and choose the "I was a jerk to my animals" confession. Usually Carter will flip out say you haven't been forgiven, if this happens just reload your save and keep trying until he says the Goddess forgives you. ALL of your animal's affection will increase. The rainy part of spring is a good time to do this.

You won't get any special eggs at all until your chicken wins the sumo contest and only the winner will lay them. If you've left your champion chicken outside longer than 25 days she won't lay gold eggs, she'll go straight to platinum or very, very, very, very rarely an X-egg.

Good luck!
#3pandime(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2009 10:17:10 PM
Awesome. I'll do just that. I have one P egg-laying hen and I figure using the recipe for an X egg would be a whole lot better than waiting. I just hope I didn't leave this hen out too long >_<. Anyway, thanks again!

---
The great thing about chatting online is that if you're insulted, you can Google a comeback.
#4black_kat08Posted 1/17/2009 7:28:55 AM
sumo!? I don't think they call it that..(no offense) =)

just place your chicken outside... of course build a fence out of branches and stones...so that no wild dogs can bite em...

always check the weather.. if it's stormy or rainy the next day put them back in... no one can be lazy in HM... you have to watch over each and every single farm animals you have...
juz sayin'

currently listenin' to decode - parAmore! juz love to capitalize the 'a'
---
there will be a time when cows will take over the world...the worst part is you're the one who's gonna be milked not them!
#5pandime(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2009 2:48:15 PM
Well I left my 7-heart chicken out for a night and the next morning it has 8 hearts and lays a P egg ahaha. I left it out for ~600 hrs. earlier in the game. Now I have to go through this process again with another chicken (-_-). This is my 5th play of the game (with marriages to Gray, Cliff, Doctor, and Won twice) and each time I try to make the game more complete in less amount of time.

---
#6Legeon86Posted 1/17/2009 11:30:15 PM
600 hours goes by quickly. You'll probably have better luck leaving your chicken in the coop.

And I'm pretty sure its called chicken sumo in one of the games, lol.
#7black_kat08Posted 1/17/2009 11:34:20 PM
of course, you can finish it easily, you've repeated it, 5 times! o_O you must have been really experienced... well, I only visit this board... but I got tired of the game, so I kinda forgot the game... just visiting' here coz I wanna help...

so uhhhh... do they really call it sumo!? I forgot what's it called!!! wahhhh! I only call it chikin festival!!! chikin boxing!? > wha!?

currently listenin' to: brighter - parAmore i love haley! I named my baby in HM haley!!! juz sayin'!!
---
there will be a time when cows will take over the world...the worst part is you're the one who's gonna be milked not them!
#8black_kat08Posted 1/17/2009 11:38:16 PM
keep doin' it! let your chickens out! you won't need to give 'em food!!! oh yeah, plant some grass inside d fence, I love doin' it coz my chickens lay p eggs and I don't buy feeds anymore!!!
---
#9black_kat08Posted 1/17/2009 11:40:05 PM
speakin' of chickens... do you hate rick!? well.. I DO!! >:-(
---