the bard's tale...

#1LordGamer0001Posted 2/29/2008 6:27:03 PM
wow... lets just say it exceeded my expectations surprisingly. game had some funny parts, but mostly was ridiculous. did anyone else manage to play this game all the way through?
#2Jmaneuv011Posted 3/2/2008 10:09:17 AM
I did when it first came out. I liked it then, but not so much when I played it again recently. It's not nearly as good as Baldur's Gate 2
#3DiuCaditPosted 3/10/2008 11:05:11 AM
I'm playing through it for the first time now. I've just finished the first tower. I agree, there have been some funny moments! I like the dialogue a lot in this game.

I don't care so much for the fighting. With bows you can shoot enemies off the screen who will not react. With other weapons the timing is a little awkward. There is like a split second of nothing after you hit attack before the attack begins. Also if you are in a heated battle and you keep pressing attack attack attack he keeps on going at the end for a few more swings even after everyone is dead and you've stopped pressing the button. It's particularly bad with him continuing to keep fighting nothing when using dual wield. I haven't tried flails or double handed weapons yet. Maybe they will feel less awkward. Jumping feels weird as well since you don't jump far or high and you pause when you land. I haven't had a reason to jump yet in the game.

I much prefer the combat in the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games.