Hades revenge skill and...a bug?

#1PaSquallPosted 3/6/2009 9:28:09 AM
I don't understand this Hades revenge attack (obtained at Chaos Blade 3)
"Use square/triangle/r1 after parring an enemy attack"...all Kratos do is the same old square/triangle/r1 basic attack...can someone explain this ability?

Second, about the bug.
Lately, after I exit to the main menu after a long game session, the main theme which plays on background there became slow and all messed up, as if is fused with some other song!
Have you ever seen somethin' like that?
Thanks
#2Hotel_SecurityPosted 3/6/2009 10:05:13 AM
On the "Hades Revenge" thing, what you may be confusing is the game's definition of a "parry". That isn't just when you block an attack. To parry an attack you have to hit R1 right before an enemy attack is about to hit you. You can tell when it happens as the action will go into slow-motion for a second and it will show Kratos slapping away the enemy. Now Hades Revenge can only be done after you do this if you hit square or circle right after the slow-mo parrying move. I MUCH prefer hitting square as Kratos will do this sweet sweeping attack which will slap all the enemies away and send them flying...it's a great move to use when surrounded by a lot of enemies...it's very useful to master this as you go. The Circle attack will have Kratos smash the ground and create a small circular shockwave...it's not that great. Hope this helps.

As for the glitch, I haven't seen that but I did get a new camera glitch in my third playthrough. It was during the Minotaur boss and when I was riding his shoulders and doing the rotating button presses, Kratos randomly fell off. I couldn't tell if I failed the button presses or had just fallen off but then the camera was stuck on this top-down view of Kratos and I couldn't see the enemy at all. I tried to run back to the balcony area to continue the fight but I couldn't see anything but one of the minotaur's hands and couldn't tell when he was going to attack...needless to say, I died quick. Next playthrough, I didn't see it again. Weird.
#3AkheonPosted 3/6/2009 11:42:15 AM
>>Lately, after I exit to the main menu after a long game session, the main theme which plays on background there became slow and all messed up, as if is fused with some other song!

I believe this is the infamous music glitch of the game. On some versions of the game, the Rings of Pandora music stays at the background even if you exit the game session and return to main menu. It mostly is just annoying, slowing loading times and stuff. Can I ask, what version of God of War do you have?

>>and when I was riding his shoulders and doing the rotating button presses, Kratos randomly fell off.

Nice.
#4PaSquall(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2009 2:39:41 PM
I have the PAL platinum version, and yes, is just like as you said...and I'm doing Pandora temple right now!

@hotel: now I understand, the slow motion thing...if I hit L1 just before an attack that's what happen! Thanks for the explanation, I'm gonna try it asap