Spike Room at cliffs of madness......(spoilers maybe)

#1spyoutofthecoldPosted 4/6/2010 6:14:46 AM
WTF!? To this point nothing in this game was too bad but this just has me stonewalled, I can't even get that stone close before the timer goes off.
---
Damn Sonya really got screwed.
#2Isaac_RedfieldPosted 4/6/2010 6:32:56 AM
It's one of the most retarded areas in the entire game. The "puzzles" and "platforming" are still harder than anything else in the whole game even in God mode and feel really sloppily done because the timing is so strict, but you have the fixed crappy camera angles.
#3raensi_dneehtPosted 4/6/2010 10:53:02 AM
I fin it difficult to believe that so many people have problems with this area.

Took me 2 tries, although with less than a second left.

Now the blade pillars of Hades, theres a real pain.
---
New and improved Sea Salt, now with 0% Sodium Chloride!
#4spyoutofthecold(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2010 12:00:56 PM
Ok, any insight into the problem perhaps?
---
#5raensi_dneehtPosted 4/6/2010 1:19:51 PM
First, pull the block out, jump over it, charge a kick and let loose. Repeat until near the top left corner, at which point kick it once towards the ledge. Immediately jump on the block, an double jump to the ledge.

Thats how I did it, but as I said, the spikes appeared almost instantly when I got to the ledge.
---
New and improved Sea Salt, now with 0% Sodium Chloride!
#6Isaac_RedfieldPosted 4/7/2010 3:46:24 AM
Pretty sure he knows the gist of how to solve it and he was asking for something more in depth. You basically have to know exactly how far to pull the block out at the start before jumping over to the other side to kick it, then fully charge kick it once towards the side the gate is on, then fully charge kick it twice towards the second room, then half charge kick it towards the ledge. Anyone that did it on their second try simply got lucky because it's a lot of trial and error thanks to the camera angles.
#7Isaac_RedfieldPosted 4/7/2010 3:50:03 AM
"Now the blade pillars of Hades, theres a real pain."

Can't really argue with that, that's the worst part of the entire game and thankfully there's nothing like that in the next two. The pillars are only "hard" though because of how far you have to go across either type and one hit and you have to do it all over again. The only thing really hard about those are how tedious they are and trying on patience.
#8spyoutofthecold(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2010 8:46:13 AM
Got it, the easiest way for anybody else who needs help is to just drag it, do not kick it at all.

As soon as gate gets up drag the block up and left so you just clear the corner of the rock. Then drag so the block is on the extreme right side of all the blood, you can easily jump left diagonally to get the ledge. This is quicker and I replicated it a few times to make sure, the kicking method is too slow.
---
#9Isaac_RedfieldPosted 4/7/2010 10:08:52 AM
Dragging seems like it would be really slow, the only reason kicking might seem slow is if you're walking to the block after each kick. You have to either roll or hit R1 to it.
#10spyoutofthecold(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2010 12:30:04 PM
It seems slower to drag but its not considering when you kick you have to switch sides a couple times and resposition. When you drag you stay on the same side the entire time. Also, when you get the block on the blood get the whole block on the blood, but you only have to drag it enoug so the right edges of the blood and block are about the same. You don't have to drag it over to the far wall or even into the middle of the blood.
---