How do you get the R&C1 discount from the weapon vendor?

#1kalakdrinPosted 2/26/2008 8:10:10 AM
I'm near the beginning and when I go to the armor vendor it says to load R&C1 data and I will get a discount. When I load the data, it gave me an extra costume, but then said that only Gadgetron employees get the discount. I have R&C1 but deleted my save file from it long ago, so the file I loaded to try to get the discount was just from running the game once (was hoping I wouldn't have to do more than this).

So... what do you have to do in R&C1 to get the discount in R&C:UYA?
#2kalakdrin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2008 8:11:54 AM
also, what is the discount?
#3Darth MomPosted 2/26/2008 8:54:10 AM
Your R&C1 save file has to have the Hologuise.
---
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, "What the hell happened?"
#4kalakdrin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2008 9:13:08 AM
thanks mom! I don't remember much about that game - is the Hologuise easy to get?
#5Darth MomPosted 2/26/2008 12:10:40 PM
It's not easy in the sense that you have to get pretty near the end of the game to get it. But R&C1 is a pretty easy game, so it shouldn't take all that long, really.
---
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, "What the hell happened?"
#6error_mePosted 2/26/2008 4:51:14 PM
also, you need to have it in your actual invetory(sp?). make sure you have a save of it with you (ie, before the final fight). and dont replay the game on the same file, otherwise you will lose it and have to go through the whole game again.
#7JoveHackPosted 2/26/2008 8:31:33 PM

kalakdrin posted...
I don't remember much about that game - is the Hologuise easy to get?

Ratchet has to win the second hoverboard race, IIRC.

I got a 10% Gadgetron discount on weapons using a Ratchet and Clank save file. Got save files for the original and Going Commando on the same memory card so don't know which activates the discount.

Never got any discount on armor, but may not have the Hologuise in my save file from R&C I.

#8kalakdrin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2008 10:35:50 AM
Putting UYA on the shelf for a few days so I can get the discount! :) Plus I haven't played R&C in a while so it's pretty fun to replay. I'm going for no deaths.
#9error_mePosted 2/27/2008 4:55:54 PM
have a save file but no hologuise = free skin, no discount

have a save file with hologuise = free skin, 10% discount

there is no discount for armor, but if you have beaten the game 1-2 times, you should be able to get by with the starting or the first upgrade
#10JoveHackPosted 2/27/2008 5:40:49 PM

error_me posted...
have a save file but no hologuise = free skin, no discount

have a save file with hologuise = free skin, 10% discount

The hologuise criterion makes sense in a weird sort of way. Ratchet doesn't become a Gadgetron employee until he wins that in the Hoverboard race. There's even a mention of the employee discount, and how it won't take effect until after a certain amount of employment time. Six months, maybe?