So once AGAIN PC users get shafted

#1ACW1129Posted 3/1/2012 3:22:24 PM
Two-week delay. Grrr.
#2MyFavoriteGunPosted 3/1/2012 4:39:17 PM
I always think these types of delays are to do with optimization times. As unfathomable as this is, PC is no longer the lead platform when designing games this generation, so what we usually end up getting is a console port. (which in some cases does not deserve the negative connotation) Still, it would be nice to get something like MP3 along with everyone else, but I'm really not complaining, it's only two weeks.
---
PSN: CrossFire311
"You beat death, Arvin. But you couldn't beat me."
#3ACW1129(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2012 8:01:44 AM
It's not that it's 2 weeks, it's the cumulative disrespect:
-sometimes later demos (or even no demos)
-sometimes not getting the special editions console gamers get
-See Cliff's tweet on Bulletstorm: BULLETSTORM DEMO COMING TO 360/PS3 JANUARY 25th. In other news, PC gamers are grumpy about this.
#4Pecone_PenevPosted 3/2/2012 11:54:12 AM

I agree. PC is a much better gaming platform than everything else available out there. I wished things were the other way around and we are not discriminated against....They should change that...or at least I hope they do

#54-Legged-SharkPosted 3/2/2012 12:57:24 PM

PC gaming is on the rise again though. I think we are going to be seeing less and less disrespect, and you can thank Valve for that. They are bringing PC gaming back in a big way. 

#6LazyyAmericanPosted 3/5/2012 7:24:29 PM
All I'm seeing is PC ports of high profile games getting held back for increased console profits....hardly what I would call a "rise" unless of course just getting the game should warrant me bending over for them.
---
"Only the badasses should use the elevator" account of a survivor during a zombie apocalypse
#7XtraTPosted 3/6/2012 12:10:22 AM
That's because MP is primarily a single player game. PC SP games are hugely pirated since they don't require you to log online to play it, so yes they purposely delay the PC release to get more console sells.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#8Back_StabbathPosted 3/14/2012 12:00:22 AM
Two weeks isn't too bad. At least it isn't like 6+ MONTHS (or not at all) like with other R* titles
---
http://steamcard.com/do/original/Stabbath.png
http://i.imgur.com/SfV5h.gif
#9Starshine_M2A2Posted 3/15/2012 12:19:09 PM
Two weeks is nothing. And if it means a better game as a result, they can take all the time they want.
#10BlackMantisPosted 3/15/2012 8:16:11 PM
Two weeks this, console port that...

Seriously, who gives a s***?

It's not like they're putting it off 6 months or not releasing it at all for PC (like RDR).

Not all games that come out cross platform are automatically "console ports" either.