Classless decision.

#1joncoallstarPosted 5/1/2012 6:49:48 AM
If PC is delayed, ALL versions should be delayed.

Max Payne is a PC franchise. End of story. There would be NO Max Payne 3 without the loyal PC player base back in the day.

Once again a gaming company bites the hand that feeds, and not only are people OK with it, they support it. Then again most gamers are console gamers and really have no idea about PC gaming. MOST of these amazing games would not exist today if not for the PC gaming movement in the 90's. It changed gaming.

If there was ONE game that should without a doubt have gotten an early release date for PC, not console, it is Max Payne, one of the last surviving franchises from that PC movement.

This is a big reaming to the PC community, and for no good apparent reason other than money.

Stay classy, gaming companies.
#2clowningPosted 5/1/2012 10:48:40 AM
It's not the 90's anymore.

And seriously, it's a game. There's no reason to get so distressed over something so insignificant.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#3PHOENIXZEROPosted 5/1/2012 11:03:13 AM
The main money is in console sales, PC gamers are lucky they even even produced a PC version.
---
Got a stupid question that's already been answered a thousand times? Check this site out! http://www.google.com
#4joncoallstar(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 3:05:43 PM
I get what both of you are saying, but I'm not sure what planet you think you are on but PC gaming is alive and well whether you want to believe that or not.

Obviously there are more children playing on consoles , so I know that's where the money is.

However, PC gaming is alive, and Max Payne is a PC game first and foremost. End of story. Releases dates should have been concurrent.
#5clowningPosted 5/1/2012 4:48:33 PM
I get what both of you are saying, but I'm not sure what planet you think you are on but PC gaming is alive and well whether you want to believe that or not.

I'm not sure what posts you're reading, but no one said PC gaming was dead or dying.....
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#6LazyyAmericanPosted 5/2/2012 6:49:37 AM
We're junkies essentially...the cycle will never end. You won't "not buy it" so they'll continue to do this after people have already caved in and bought the console versions. Then at a later date end up buying the PC version...it's just inevitable.
---
"Only the badasses should use the elevator" account of a survivor during a zombie apocalypse
#7PHOENIXZEROPosted 5/2/2012 3:18:09 PM
I'll probably get the PC version when its cheap and then later the PS3 version when the "special edition" next year with the overpriced DLC included is released and get some trophies. >_>
---
Got a stupid question that's already been answered a thousand times? Check this site out! http://www.google.com
#8B0vrilPosted 5/3/2012 2:20:15 PM
joncoallstar posted...
Obviously there are more children playing on consoles , so I know that's where the money is.

Right, and yet here you are, a "mature gamer", whining because a game doesn't release on PC until two weeks after the consoles.

I mean seriously what's the rush? There is no prize for getting it first.

Hell, I am getting this for Xbox, but I'll probably wait a few months and nab it for a bit cheaper.

joncoallstar posted...
However, PC gaming is alive, and Max Payne is a PC game first and foremost. End of story. Releases dates should have been concurrent.

It does not matter on what platform a game was first released for. And it shouldn't either. I am lost as to why people continually think it's relevant at all. It's not.
#9clowningPosted 5/3/2012 3:13:49 PM
It does not matter on what platform a game was first released for. And it shouldn't either. I am lost as to why people continually think it's relevant at all. It's not.

It's an entitlement issue. Entitlement thinking has become a mental epidemic.
---
#10Links_Big_KeyPosted 5/3/2012 8:06:56 PM
As long as the PC version is good, I don't mind too much. I want the full compliment of PC graphics features, and I want 60fps standard. I also hope the game isn't glitching when in 120hz mode like Skyrim still is to this day. If this game ends up a cruddy port like Mass Effect 3, and this delay will psiss me off.

Im nervous that MP seems to have taken the front seat, when a great MP campaign is what I really want, but the game has been in development so long surely it can have both modes be awesome and not feel skimpy.
---
CMStormtrooper / SLI GTX 680 / GIG z68 / 2500k@4.2 / 8GB RAM / 256GB+128GB Crucial M4s / AW Optx AW2310 in mail