Rockstar Games Auto-Updater issues

#11blastmaster2k2Posted 6/1/2012 5:34:59 PM
It doesn't work for me, the game launches, then it just says initializing...forever as far as I can tell. Now it just crashed. They need to fix this pronto.
#12Links_Big_KeyPosted 6/1/2012 5:58:48 PM
I cant play the damn game. I have retail copy, install the entire game, it prompts for updater, it loads update, then when that finishes, it attempts another. This auto updater then says idle, and it closes itself..

It says this over and over, wont run the game no matter what. Tried disabliing antivirus and firewall. Even uninstalled the entire game and repeated everyting over a second time. I have spent about two hours just trying to install the damned game...and still cant play.
---
CMStormtrooper / SLI GTX 680 / GIG z68 / 2500k@4.2 / 8GB RAM / 256GB+128GB Crucial M4s / AW Optx AW2310 in mail
#13blastmaster2k2Posted 6/1/2012 6:28:13 PM
http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/21516788-net-c-directx-nothing-happening-after-pressing-launch-in-max-payne-3-for-pc

I'm going to try all these possible fixes.
#14blastmaster2k2Posted 6/1/2012 7:02:07 PM
Holy freaking ducks eating nuts this game will not start. smh Now the initializing screen won't even come up. This is my first Rockstar game and will probably be my last.
#15sharpfrostPosted 6/1/2012 7:24:47 PM
they should put the patch files so we can manually update the game since the auto updater sucks...I have been trying to play this game since I drove out the store I installed like 4 times now with no luck trying different ways Rockstar needs to put more tools out there so we can play for what we paid for...I have retail version and all the installs go smooth but all goes ballistic when the auto updater goes on, there nothing happens and no can play since the game needs a first time patch that I am not able to get nowhere...This needs a fix ASAP and they should enable .net framework to v4 ...new game with old specs always bring bad luck.
#16Spennyworth(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2012 10:50:24 PM
shotgunsam666 posted...
A guy on the steam forums found a fix apparently. Not guaranteed but worth a shot.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2729965

Was just about to post that too, though it didn't work for me.
---
Thank the Moons!
#17Spennyworth(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2012 10:53:11 PM
blastmaster2k2 posted...
http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/21516788-net-c-directx-nothing-happening-after-pressing-launch-in-max-payne-3-for-pc

I'm going to try all these possible fixes.

General consensus on any forums I've checked seems to be none of this works. This is getting boring, glad I waited for the PC version...
---
Thank the Moons!
#18blastmaster2k2Posted 6/2/2012 12:18:08 AM
Moving and renaming the folder like the guy said on Steam worked for me. ...not sure why it didn't work the first time I tried it.
#19Xeeh_BitzPosted 6/2/2012 12:28:42 AM
Links_Big_Key posted...
I cant play the damn game. I have retail copy, install the entire game, it prompts for updater, it loads update, then when that finishes, it attempts another. This auto updater then says idle, and it closes itself..

It says this over and over, wont run the game no matter what. Tried disabliing antivirus and firewall. Even uninstalled the entire game and repeated everyting over a second time. I have spent about two hours just trying to install the damned game...and still cant play.

Try selective startup on your pc, msconfig, disable everything from starting up thats not windows required.. prolly some software on your side not agreeing with it. if it works, just enable a couple at a time until the problem happens again.. then you know where the conflict is coming from.. just google for msconfig if you need help with it
---
2700K @ 4.5ghz(1.28v) | Sapphire 7970 Crossfire @ 1125/1500 | Samsung 830 SSD | 8GB Sniper | 500R | Corsair 850AX | Windblowz 7 Pro
#20foxhound1738Posted 6/2/2012 8:52:46 PM
i just fix it yesterday,, the uploader is in idle bcoz ders no patch yet.. the only thing to do is update the graphic driver and download the net framework 3.5 SP1 package.... but more importantly its the graphic driver bcoz when i update the graphic driver it automatic recognize my max payne 3 game folder
now im playin it smooth
More topics from this board...
We still love you, MaxHeazie111/20 3:03PM