Huge fan of the series, bought it on sale on steam

#11BumpPosted 1/24/2013 5:06:21 PM
I'm not bothered by not having quick-save and quick-load, but then, I'm only on Chapter 4!
---
http://www.youtube.com/sethdonut
GameFAQs: Where the boys are - CNet
#12scottycermPosted 1/28/2013 6:36:19 PM
I wasn't too happy about the game at first but after I beat it I had a strange longing for more. I went back and replayed it again and now I can see why people have it in their top ten games of 2012. It's a very well put together game with amazing gunplay, a good story, and great cinematics.

However...it's NOT a Max Payne game. Max Payne was so much more than inner monologues and bullet time. It was a dark and gritty neo-noir style series with graphic novel style cutscenes. It was about the funny TV shows and the bad guys with the over the top italian accents that made the game max payne.

Instead we get a great, solid, tight game that other than a few musical scores and incredibly dull and minuet Michelle references, feels like a great shooter with a character who just happens to have the same voice actor as Max Payne.

While it's a great game in it's own right, it took everything that made the original Max Payne series great and completely threw it out as if it never even existed.
---
Genesis does what Nintendon't.