MP3 is very similar to Man on fire

#1System4EverPosted 1/7/2013 4:13:28 AM
I just watched the 2004 movie "Man On Fire" and i'm surprised at how similar it it to Max Payne 3! The setting with the rich families and their night clubs and the slums.
And also with the vengeance/hostage plot.
Discuss?
#2Zin_LGPosted 1/8/2013 7:41:44 PM
Rockstar has always been good with utilizing movies as influences for their games.

Gamesradar had an article that showed a lot of the movie that were payed homage in Max Payne 3.

1. City of God
2. Elite Squad
3. Domino
4. Man on Fire
5. Heat
6. Collateral
7. Miami Vice
8. The Killer
http://www.gamesradar.com/max-payne-3-8-action-movie-influences-rockstars-noir-shooter/

Also alot of the auto bullet time sequences reminded me of something out of the Die Hard movies.
---
Backlog progress: PS3- 26/43, 360 - 4/8, PSP- 14/48, PC ??/??
Recent completes - Heavy Rain :DC, Bastion, L.A. Noire, Assassin's Creed 2, NIER, Dante's Inferno
#3rabbi_babyPosted 1/14/2013 11:27:09 AM
I hate to be one of those "BOOK WAS BETTER" jerks...but the man on fire movie was horrible. They basically changed the second half of the book so you get a happy ending.

SPOILERS

The book was raw...instead of the little girl actually living in the end, she gets abandoned in a car trunk, bound and gagged, and ends up suffocating on her own vomit. Creasy then goes on a crazy murder rampage a-la Without Remorse.
---
Anyone who goes into a rabid topic deserves what they get.-Flashman
http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/7662/glorious.jpg
#4Zin_LGPosted 1/16/2013 6:55:31 AM
I hate to be one of those "BOOK WAS BETTER" jerks...but the man on fire movie was horrible. They basically changed the second half of the book so you get a happy ending.

SPOILERS

The book was raw...instead of the little girl actually living in the end, she gets abandoned in a car trunk, bound and gagged, and ends up suffocating on her own vomit. Creasy then goes on a crazy murder rampage a-la Without Remorse.

The book, and on a even grander scheme the original source material, is better in a lot of cases. The Kite Runner, Boy in the Striped Pajamas, The Talented Mr. Ripley, and Max Payne 1 and 2 were better than their movie counterparts.
---
Backlog progress: PS3- 26/43, 360 - 4/8, PSP- 14/48, PC ??/??
Recent completes - Heavy Rain :DC, Bastion, L.A. Noire, Assassin's Creed 2, NIER, Dante's Inferno