Death Penalties?

#1KalphoenixPosted 6/29/2008 4:27:46 PM
Can anyone fill me in on what the death penalties are in Vanguard?
#2DeadeyedavePosted 6/29/2008 5:32:30 PM
You lose experience, and all the items not soul bound to you.

A tombstone appears where you died, and you appear at the nearest graveyard minus said stuff.

If you seek your tombstone out, and loot it, you get all your items back, and 80% of the experience you lost is refunded.

If you summon it back to you, you lose durability on all your items. I don't think you get back the xp.

You can give someone permission to drag your tombstone back to you, and then you can loot it.
OR someone can res you from your tombstone, at which point you can just loot it also.

I think that's everything.
#3PaganstarPosted 6/29/2008 10:56:47 PM

The original XP loss is 9% of a level if I remember correctly and as mentioned above if you summon it back to you via an altar you do not get any of that xp back.

Also the equipment staying on your corpse is not all that big of a deal as all your armor and weapons are bind on equip so they will stay with you. Mostly it will be quest items, food, and ranged items that will stay on the corpse (could be bad if you are a ranger).

#4ntstambo2Posted 6/30/2008 7:58:13 AM
Also, you keep anything that's stored in your saddlebags that isn't soulbound.
---
PS3:TroyMuni Live:Troy Muni
QX9650-8800GToc'd-4gb1050mhz-2x10kRPM150GB Raptors
#5Kalphoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2008 3:13:24 PM
Ok, thanks all. I got a copy of the base game for super-cheap so I'm thinking of giving it another shot, but I always hated loosing my items when I died in EQ. I lost a lot of gear that way. >_<

This doesn't sound TOO bad, if you can get your items back even if you can't make a corpse-run. How does summoning the gravestone work? Is it a special ability or can anyone do it?
#6SephirothSamaPosted 7/1/2008 3:58:50 PM
Anyone can do it, you just have to summon it at one of the alter things.
---
"Then I'll put it another way. I'm clever, and you are unspeakably stupid!"- Takuan
The Official FŽanor fanboy.
#7svaubelPosted 7/13/2008 5:08:52 AM
Paganstar posted...

The original XP loss is 9% of a level if I remember correctly and as mentioned above if you summon it back to you via an altar you do not get any of that xp back.

Also the equipment staying on your corpse is not all that big of a deal as all your armor and weapons are bind on equip so they will stay with you. Mostly it will be quest items, food, and ranged items that will stay on the corpse (could be bad if you are a ranger).

Xp loss is around 7% per death, since numbers were given i decided to be a math dork one day.

Xp regained from getting your tomestone is about 6%.

You get no xp back if you summon your stone to an altar.

More topics from this board...
Dead gamekiljaeden17/22 1:02AM