Started Playing again.....If anybody still comes around anymore.

#1game_masterTPosted 4/16/2012 5:40:00 AM
So I just dusted off my ps2 a couple of days ago and started playing this. I started a new game after deleting pretty all of my saved datas so I can start a fresh.

Well anyways, I'm playing struggle for power right now, and I wanna say it's 1565-66 right now. I'm playing as the Oda, some interesting stuff is going on in my game right now. The anti-oda coalition formed a couple years ago, and its about taken care of now. It consisted of Otomo, Miyoshi, asakura,hongaji (sp), Iyeasu, and one other I can't remember. iyeasu became my first vassel after that. It kinda made me sad when he turned on me, but it worked out in the end when he gave me his land and all that. The Takeda are about to become mine, and this will be the first time that I attack them. They have taken down to one fief by this clan I can't remember the name of, but Im gonna finish the job, makes me sad to do it though. Nagao and satake and two others are pretty much the east, still a couple minor daiymo left. I have alliances with them all, so I'm not worried about the east right now. Working my way west currently. Just captured the capital, and that one guy that ask you to take him to the capital to become shogun happened a couple of season into my current year. Waiting for the scene that will trigger before honnogii, thats when i'm going to retire nobunaga and give it to my CC. The weirdest thing that I have noticed recently....I'm the only unifier on the map, and I have not preformed a single Kessen. What am I doing right/wrong here??
---
Some men aren't looking for anything logical.He can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with.Some men just want to watch the world BURN.
#2Kemjo83Posted 4/19/2012 3:11:36 PM
Hello,
I have also just started playing this again this week. I have usually played as Oda or Shimazu, but this time I have wanted to change things up. I have started as the Nanbu. I like being way up in the northern part of the country. Who are you starting as Game_MasterT?
#3BreachAndClearPosted 4/20/2012 4:54:34 AM
I'm playing Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII right now, as I prefer that games combat system (turn based with larger armies) than NA's system, however I intend to switch back over to NA:RTP once I'm done with my ROTTK VIII.

When it comes to kessens, I believe your enemy has to be a comparable rank. It's been a long time since I've played the game, but don't you get to take like 10 generals to a Kessen? All of which have to be governors. To challenge someone to a Kessen, they would have to have at least 10 territories too, so that they can field the 10 general (or however many) army. Otherwise you are stuck attacking them piece by piece.

Cannons/Field guns tend to make the job much easier, since the computer's AI generally isn't smart enough to deal with them. For some castles, you don't even have to fight through the gates and capture towers, if the terrain is just right, sometimes you can assault the castle directly.

I'm interested in going back and experimenting with how to get the various endings. I've played through 3 times, and have only had 2 endings (one in which my Daimyo is watching a mock play about his rise to power, and another in which my Daimyo declares that he is in need of merchants or something like that, with one of my retainers volunteering).

Apparently there are several other endings, but I haven't found any kind of comprehensive guide as to how to get them all (ROTTK VIII has one for its endings), so I think it might be similar.
#4game_masterT(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2012 9:13:08 PM
Kemjo83 posted...
Hello,
I have also just started playing this again this week. I have usually played as Oda or Shimazu, but this time I have wanted to change things up. I have started as the Nanbu. I like being way up in the northern part of the country. Who are you starting as Game_MasterT?

I'm playing as the oda clan right now. I have pretty much conquered all of japan, but I still need a few people to bow before me or die. I finally managed to get the honojii thing to happen. Nobu retired, and my CC is now the leader....because I had him marry oichi, yeah I know, shoot me XD. Anyways, I have preformed a total of two kessens, and I can no longer do anymore at this point for everybody is in alliance with me, or being cock-blocked from me from my allies. I'm pretty much stuck, because I really don't want to fight the Sakai(SP?) so I have them as allies. And I can't get up to the north to claim that frozen hellhole up there. I have taken pretty much central and east japan. My allies hold to the west. I have ****ed myself over, and it sucks......yeah
---
Some men aren't looking for anything logical.He can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with.Some men just want to watch the world BURN.
#5BreachAndClearPosted 5/7/2012 2:24:11 PM
To do a Kessen, all you need to do is have a road system that connects the city your leader is in to the city your enemy's leader is in. If you are able to strike at the territories at the far side of an ally, take a province, move your leader there, and as long as there is a road that leads from that territory to the capital of a Conqueror or Unifier (with not other enemies or allies in the way) then you should be able to kessen.

If your allies are in your way, just chill out and wait for someone in the north to swallow up the weaker people around him and become a conqueror. Or if you want to get rid of your allies, don't reinforce them when they are attacked. Your fame takes a bit of a hit, but by the time you reach the rank of unifier it's not enough to make a difference.