Regarding Shinon's re-recruitment...

#1Distant_RainbowPosted 10/21/2009 7:41:14 PM
Is it required that Rolf must talk to him before Ike finishes him off?

If so...

Can anyone give me some pointers on how a totally untrained Rolf(lvl 1 Archer) can get close to Shinon and talk to him before getting skewered by all sorts of weapons(I'm particularly dreading those Blizzards)?
---
Currently believing myself to be the best F-ZERO GX racer in all of S. Korea.
(not that it is very popular, anyway)
#2PurgatoryKnightPosted 10/21/2009 7:55:58 PM
Rolf has to talk to thim first, yes.

Have someone tank Shinon within Rolf's movement range, and then solve from there.
---
They call me the Steel Machine, because it is steel - steel in the heart, steel in the arms, steel in the head!
#3oniskiethPosted 10/21/2009 8:24:14 PM
He somebody lure Shinon out, then surround him. Then if the blizzard people are a problem, go kill them while Shinon is surronded. When the threats are dead, have Rolf talk to him then kill him with Ike.
---
Roy's our boy!
Sharpening Knife in preparation of FE10 noobs. ~ Hobopoptarts
#4i_miss_NargaPosted 10/21/2009 9:44:30 PM
It's easier on NM than HM, since I think there is an extra long range user on HM. If you are on NM, just make use of Reyson and send 2 or 3 durable mounted units in there along with Rolf and they can KO the one long range guy (I think he's bottom right corner of that area on NM) and Rolf will be out of danger since there isn't enough room for the other enemies to get by. Have Rolf and Shinon chat, Ike KO, two mounted units block and KO the ranged tome user, problem solved. With a leveled Rolf its even possible to steal the ranged tome, but this way its too difficult to get the tome and talk to Shinon without giving him opportunity to crit with his brave bow.
---
Don't be silly, smash. You're not wrong because nobody is agreeing with you, you're wrong because your points are weak and poorly supported. -Interceptor
#5tmbjr_05Posted 10/22/2009 3:24:10 PM
I didn't even touch Rolf on my last playthrough...when I came to this chapter, I left Rolf behind while Ike and friends clear out the tunnel of bad guys. Rhys, magical tank that he is, stood just outside Shinon's attack range absorbing all 5 Blizzards. I then had Shinon attack Brom while I started moving Rolf up. Once I had Shinon surrounded, just make and opening for Rolf, talk to Shinon, and then procede to wtfpwn him with Ike (preferably with an Aether for style points. :D)
---
98% of the Internet population has a "98% of the Internet population..." signature. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't...
...crap!! >_>
#6TintoPosted 10/22/2009 4:03:53 PM
When in doubt, shove and rescue are your friends.
#7alfredo094Posted 10/22/2009 6:47:41 PM
If it's too much trouble don't bother. Shinon has such a bad availability and bases it's not worth the effort of going with a lv 1 archer.
---
Also, Haar is not a Marksman, so how could he have... Deadeye! - Regamus
BEXP is the magic that turns 31 STR into 33 STR // STPs: 5
#8Distant_Rainbow(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2009 7:29:10 PM
^
Aye, but I have this obsession in FE games that it has to be a perfect playthrough, except when it's a playthrough with a certain theme. So I try to recruit every single character and keep them alive except in those themed runs. I still have a bad memory of forgetting to check the Info menu before Ch. 25, clearing it and saving afterwards, thus missing Largo(not that I wanted to use him; anyway I was especially, and actually, lamenting the loss of his Short Axe).
---
Currently believing myself to be the best F-ZERO GX racer in all of S. Korea.
(not that it is very popular, anyway)
#9noillacspaRPosted 10/22/2009 9:34:32 PM
Very easily done, simply rescue with a large movement range character, get into then on the turn when you reach Shinon drop off rolf with said character, use Reyson to refresh rolf, talk, kill and then re-rescue. Done
---
"An eternity passed and my torment receded, bringing me back from the precipice of madness. The descent had destroyed me... And yet, I lived."
Raziel
#10thebomberisgoodPosted 10/23/2009 4:53:18 PM
Talk to Shinon with Rolf, have someone rescue him (like Soren or someone with high resistance), or get Reyson's chant involved somehow.
---
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."
-Mark Twain