Why would I want a Statue Frag?

#1BilgeXAPosted 11/23/2009 5:17:13 AM
I have a Statue Frag which apparently increases my build, but for what reason would I ever want to increase my "build"?
#2LifeadmiralPosted 11/23/2009 5:36:37 AM
So that Ike increases his Con. If he maxes it, he can pick up Titania...
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/nominate_entry
Nominate Guillo from Baten Kaitos Origins! Watch any Youtube video to see how awesome he is.
#3Magna_AngelPosted 11/23/2009 6:31:38 AM
Boyd going Colossus on Titania > Ike picking up Titania

That way, Titania has the ride of her life, even more than Aether Greil.
---
"Fire Emblem fans hate everything. Particularly Fire Emblem." ~ Uiru
"Why are we denied fun time with balls?!" ~ SlaveBlade
#4BilgeXA(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2009 7:05:25 AM
So in other words it's useless.
#5Magna_AngelPosted 11/23/2009 8:05:36 AM
It affects Shoving and Rescuing. Giving it to a unit with lower build may make him able to shove or rescue others. It also affects the damage done by Colossus (Occult skill of Warriors and Beserkers) by giving it a bonus (the diference between your build and your enemy build iirc).

Otherwise, it's a free 4k in gold.
---
"Fire Emblem fans hate everything. Particularly Fire Emblem." ~ Uiru
"Why are we denied fun time with balls?!" ~ SlaveBlade
#6Distant_RainbowPosted 11/23/2009 12:51:30 PM
^
To my knowledge it doesn't affect the damage done by Colossus. However, since Colossus activates only if the character's build is higher than the target, more build means more chances to activate Colossus. In fact, Boyd with two Statue Frags pretty much has a chance of Colossus on almost every other unit(excluding some laguz) in the game IIRC.
---
Simply put, Ash in the Pokemon anime does NOT deserve to be Pokemon Master. He needs lessons on which Pokemon are strong and which are just pets. 'Nuff said.
#7CloudSith5060Posted 11/23/2009 3:51:18 PM
Colossus is a horrible Occult. Just sell the frag and give Boyd Resolve.
---
Do you... want my carrots?
http://dagobah.biz/flash/kumatora-dance.swf
#8Distant_RainbowPosted 11/23/2009 4:38:03 PM
^
Colossus is kinda bad, but there are much worse Occult skills out there. Really, there aren't many good Occult skills and characters to use them on when you think about it. Only Aether, Luna, Astra, Colossus and Lethality are good/decent, Sol and Flare are useful only in certain situations, and the rest are garbage. If we look more closely...

Aether: near guaranteed in most cases.
Luna: used on your General. Many people opt not to delete Nephenee's Wrath, and using an Occult on Devdan is seldom heard of.
Astra: Stefan comes with it, Mia's Vantage and Zihark's Adept are too useful to delete, and Lucia's not used in many cases.
Colossus: toss between Boyd and Largo. Either can use it well, though Largo would rather like Vantage and Wrath/Resolve...
Lethality: good if you're using Volke and only using Stilettos.

Sol: Meh. Healing is supposed to be reliable, and personally I wouldn't stick a Paladin into a horde of enemies praying for Sol to activate. Damage increase>HP leeching, and in case of Mist, her damage output is terribly bad so basically it's a wasted Occult(except when you RNG-abuse her Str growth).
Flare: Same concept as Luna, but many enemies don't have sky-high resistance... It's in most cases unneeded overkill. Not to mention Soren must delete Adept and Tormod must delete Celerity, both of which are good skills, to use it...

You get 4 Occults in the game, so even with 1 guaranteed to be used on Ike, it's not a waste to use one of the leftover 3 on Colossus IMO.

Also, this is just personal experience, but my Boyds tend to get Def-blessed, and IMO Colossus is more effective than Resolve in those cases.
---
Simply put, Ash in the Pokemon anime does NOT deserve to be Pokemon Master. He needs lessons on which Pokemon are strong and which are just pets. 'Nuff said.
#9CloudSith5060Posted 11/23/2009 4:55:48 PM
Flare is useful against dragons and enemy magic users. Sol is good for the less durable Pallies, like Titania. And you forgot to mention Cancel. Sure, the Hawks might be bad, but it's still a good occult.

Colossus is just crap. The 1.25* damage is usually not enough to get an OHKO(maybe with a max Mt forge or something) for when Boyd isn't doubling, or completely irrelevant when he is, as he's strong enought to one-round basically anything with a double.
---
Do you... want my carrots?
http://dagobah.biz/flash/kumatora-dance.swf
#10OverratedSagePosted 11/23/2009 6:09:02 PM
I think Sol is a worthwhile skill. All of the pallies have enough skill for it to activate fairly often (less so Mak and Geoff but they don't need to activate it as often thanks to def), and again the lower durability pallies would like it for some free healing. Obviously Mist is garbage with it, but Mist shouldn't be in combat in the first place. And it helps that none of the paladins innately have skills that get in the way - Oscar doesn't have an innate skill, Titania's Counter and Makalov's Tempest are definitely not worth keeping in favor of Sol, Kieran's Gamble isn't really either, and Astrid and Geoffrey can drop Paragon once they get into higher levels.

Still not wtfhax or anything (none of themasteries are, except Aether of course) but it's all right and it makes the already great paladins even better by boosting their durability.

Of course, the real issue the topic brings up is "Is it worth giving Boyd/Largo a statue frag for Colossus?" Whether or not Colossus is a worthwhile skill (I'd say not, but then again most of them are pretty lackluster), the Statue frag isn't really making them activate it that much more often and is very rarely making them kill something with that activation that they wouldn't kill anyway. Meanwhile, you could use the 4k gold for selling it to make them (or anybody else) a forge or two that will in the long run probably help out a lot more. So really, its best to just sell the thing.
---
When asked about my political opinions, I generally just smile and compliment the chef.