Soft Reset on the Wii

#1LitoPosted 1/7/2010 7:37:31 AM
So I'm playing this game for the first time on the Wii (I also have Radiant Dawn so I can play that game right after I beat this one). Anyway, is there a way to soft reset on the Wii? I'm not sure if that Start-B-X thing works on it. Does anyone know anything about this or am I just doing it wrong?

---
"I am the rocks of the eternal shore; Crash against me and be broken!"
-Apocalypse-
#2debonairdarklinPosted 1/7/2010 8:02:02 AM
there is no soft reset by pressing some buttons in combination, but you can just reset it using the wiimote, so you can still easily reset it at your seated place.
---
i can't use what i can't abuse, and i can't stop when it comes to you - garbage
#3debonairdarklinPosted 1/7/2010 8:03:41 AM
totally my bad, i thought you were talking about radiant dawn for some reason. yes, as far as i know you can still soft reset if using the wii to play path of radiance. i believe i have before.
---
i can't use what i can't abuse, and i can't stop when it comes to you - garbage
#4Magna_AngelPosted 1/7/2010 9:54:51 AM
I'm not sure if that Start-B-X thing works on it.

It works.

What doesn't is: once the game has been loaded, all functions from the wiimote are gone which means you can't return to the wii menu or perform any other function with it unless you Reset your wii directly.
---
"Fire Emblem fans hate everything. Particularly Fire Emblem." ~ Uiru
"Why are we denied fun time with balls?!" ~ SlaveBlade
#5Lito(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2010 11:18:01 AM
Thanks. I'll try the Start-B-X thing when I play tonight. I thought I tried it before, though... but maybe I didn't hold it down long enough or the button combination must be done in order. We'll see. Sadly, I could only find a MadCatz controller and so I don't have a Nintendo brand Gamecube controller. Hopefully that won't make a difference.

---
"I am the rocks of the eternal shore; Crash against me and be broken!"
-Apocalypse-
#6MolisiaPosted 1/10/2010 3:32:02 PM
You have to hold Start-X-B all at the same time, not one at a time.
---
Life is made to get you by. Anything more or less has nothing to do with life, but the person living it.
#7AnorgilPosted 1/17/2010 12:54:12 AM
You also have to hold them down for a while. If you're used to the near-instantaneous soft-resetting that the GBA and the DS do... well, the Gamecube's soft reset takes a second or so, and that could be confusing.