Current Tier List?

#1Ganon2200Posted 5/10/2011 4:11:08 PM
Can someone post the most recent tier list? I need it for my next playthrough.
---
"Issac... We're all gonna burn for what we did to you."- Edgar Foster, Dead Space 2
PSN: Ganon2200
#2silver123456789Posted 5/10/2011 5:54:35 PM
used search function and was most recent i could find on this site.

Kamina
Titania

Jill
Kieran
Oscar
Boyd
Reyson

High
Ike
Tanith
Marcia
Astrid
Makalov
Mist
Muarim
Nephenee

Upper-mid
Volke
Mordecai
Stefan
Rhys
Lethe
Geoffrey
Brom

Mid
Soren
Zihark
Calill
Haar
Tormod
Ilyana
Gatrie
Sothe

Lower-Mid
Mia
Tauroneo
Devdan
Largo

Low
Nasir
Ena
Ulki
Ranulf

Bottom
Shinon
Elincia
Janaff
Rolf

Link's Recovery
Lucia
Bastian
---
www.chaoscoalition.net
#3MikdogPosted 5/10/2011 5:59:14 PM
I'm not sure what difficulty that is, but I can't agree with all of that. My Rolf almost always ends up solid if I boss abuse in the chapter he starts in (which is insanely easy). Shinon is generally solid as well. Meanwhile Astrid and Makalov are quite high, and they always stink for me, so......

Granted, I realize that most tier lists are heavily debated, but huge parts of that one just seem wrong to me.
---
"If Mikdog ran for president he'd own the other candidates in debates." -Serestric-
#4silver123456789Posted 5/10/2011 6:20:57 PM
^it will never be 'correct'. it is just the opinions of some people. for some characters like the pallys, it is pretty much fact that they are the best, but for other characters, they are close so it is hard to determine. no need to worry about it.

inb4archerscantcounter
---
www.chaoscoalition.net
#5MikdogPosted 5/10/2011 6:35:01 PM
I realize that, it's more that I'm looking at several odd choices in general. Pallys are great, but just being a paladin doesn't automatically make you better than other solid units. Mist above Neph, for example? Reyson above Ike? I mean, Reyson can do all kinds of stuff, but talk about "can't counter." Mist requires a boatload of bexp or boss/staff abuse to be remotely useful, and can't use a sword well without an arms scroll. At least past valkyries could use light magic.

I'm not looking to get into a huge debate about this, especially on an almost dead board, I'm just saying that the aforementioned list has a lot of question marks in it, at least to me.
---
"If Mikdog ran for president he'd own the other candidates in debates." -Serestric-
#6Albin0Posted 5/10/2011 6:44:44 PM(edited)
I'm not looking to get into a huge debate about this, especially on an almost dead board, I'm just saying that the aforementioned list has a lot of question marks in it, at least to me.

Looking at the points you made, I think the primary reason why you disagree with the tier list the way you do is simply due to a lack of understanding of the premises of the tier list. In all likelihood, there is a large disparity between your view and the tier list's view of what makes a good unit.

Also, TC, this board's tiering community has been rather dead for some time. You may want to look at the SF tier list, which, by definition, is more recent:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=16443&st=0
---
Albino ~ White Marshall
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Scarlet_Wings/index/
#7Ganon2200(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2011 1:39:59 AM
Thanks for your help guys.
---
"Issac... We're all gonna burn for what we did to you."- Edgar Foster, Dead Space 2
PSN: Ganon2200
#8MikdogPosted 5/11/2011 3:31:04 AM
No, I realize that the criteria for tier lists is often very different from what I consider when I play the game. That's why Ewan is constantly near the bottom on some FE:SS tier lists despite being incredibly powerful down the line. I just find it funny that in some other FE tier lists characters are marked down for needing to be babied, but this list has several (Marica, Makalov, Astrid, etc) who need exactly that, yet are ranked incredibly high up on the list. Astrid in particular surprises me, since she can't counter and starts off so incredibly under-leveled, paragon or no.

Again, I'm not trying to make a big deal out of anything. I just find it surprising.
---
#9Albin0Posted 5/11/2011 6:11:43 AM
I just find it funny that in some other FE tier lists characters are marked down for needing to be babied, but this list has several (Marica, Makalov, Astrid, etc) who need exactly that, yet are ranked incredibly high up on the list. Astrid in particular surprises me, since she can't counter and starts off so incredibly under-leveled, paragon or no.

Well, to explain a little, Marcia (who does require some BEXP to be effective, but is not really a unit who needs to be babied excessively), Makalov, and Astrid all offer advantages when they are trained that units such as Rolf and Ewan don't. Marcia has flying utility that she can utilize and Makalov and Astrid promote into Paladins, easily one of the best classes in the game (It would be the best if it had flying utility).
---
Albino ~ White Marshall
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Scarlet_Wings/index/
#10iCe0layTedPosted 5/11/2011 9:05:46 AM
This isn't the most up to date Tier List we here at FE9B have come up with. I do not remember when, but there was ongoing discussion whether Marcia should be higher than Ike and whether she should be in Top tier. Not sure how that was resolved.

Anyways there are conflicting schools of thought regarding ranking of characters. Over the course of the history of this board, we went pretty much went through them all.

We started with rankings based on endgame potential.
(prepromotes suck, early softies own, everyone gets everything)

Then we started incorporating bits of efficacious resource use.
(fair bexp weapon and skill allotment)

Then we figured out that not all weapons were created equally.
(Magic/Axes/Lances >>> Swords >>> Bows, archers went down, 1-2 range up)

Next we started to consider early and midgame equally with endgame
(prepromotes looking better, early softies looking worse, low availibity frowned upon)

Then we had a "Durability >>> Offense" phase
(softies went way down, avoid and defense was premium)

Then we had a full blown Resource phase where the uses as little resource as possible was valued)
(units that needed set-ups went way down)

Subsequently we had a Utility phase, where we considered turn count and time efficiency highly
(strong prepromotes went up, flyers went up, cost-effective set-ups were allowed)

As a result of the last two, we finally settled where on the "Excellent Offense > All" phase. (there are too many good defensive units, so the ones that were powerhouses who were around for many chapters went way up and cemented their spots)

The last 3-4 phases have pretty much determined how we rank the characters. However, remnants of all these eras in tier theory can still be found here and there.
---
I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.