This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Benefit to Jedi Watchman?

#1GreatHammurabiPosted 2/13/2008 4:47:27 PM
I've been thinking about picking this game up again and was going to go the stealthy route this time around. I noticed that Jedi Watchman can only get up to Level 7 Sneak Attack while Sith Assassin can get up to level 10. I know level 7 is still good enough to slaughter most enemies, but is there any compensation to not being able to get max level sneak attack for Jedi Watchman?

Thanks.
---
Confrontation is unavoidable. If you disagree, you've proved my point. If you agree, I win.
#2BushidoPaladinPosted 2/13/2008 4:53:51 PM
Confrontation is unavoidable. If you disagree, you've proved my point. If you agree, I win.

Confrontation:the act of confronting, or state of being confronted

Confront: to cause to meet, or bring face-to-face.

Therefore, Confrontation is avoidable, as one could choose to disagree with you without confronting you about it. Therefore, you fail. You lose, you get nothing! Good day, sir!

---
Pray-now! - Auron (Final Fantasy X)
#3GreatHammurabi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2008 4:58:39 PM
Changed for better wording, but you still win for finding the flaw.

Know the answer to my question though? ^_^
---
Conflict is unavoidable. If you disagree, you've proved my point. If you agree, I win.
#4BushidoPaladinPosted 2/13/2008 5:06:59 PM
While Assassins happen to get up to level 10 in Sneak Attack, Watchmen get vastly superior Saving Throws and much better Defensive Progression.

So think of the Assassin as offense and Watchman as defense.

---
#5GreatHammurabi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2008 5:15:22 PM
Ahh, thanks for that.

What would you recommend for a attribute build for a Watchman? I was thinking moderate intelligence and high dex/con. The only reason I would be getting the high con would be to use the D-type implants.
---
Conflict is unavoidable. If you disagree, you've proved my point. If you agree, I win.
#6BushidoPaladinPosted 2/13/2008 5:24:24 PM
Well, actually, since you're going Light Side, you miss out on the +3 Constitution bonuses you would get from Influence with HK and Hanharr. The +3 you get for Lightside Mastery doesn't count, unfortunately.... so I would recommend something like:

Str-10
Dex-14
Con-16
Int-14
Wis-12
Cha-10

Two points into Constitution at levels 4 and 8, two points into Wisdom for better casting abilities, and the rest into Dexterity.

---
#7GreatHammurabi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2008 6:43:48 PM
Thanks again, one last question.

On my other 2 gameplays I've always gone for dual wielding, would dual wielding be better or would it be more beneficial to go with the Dueling feat?

It almost seems like a preference choice, but I just want to make sure.
---
#8IamsuperguppyPosted 2/14/2008 7:28:54 AM
It really comes down to this:

dual wielding - ability to do more damage on a turn, but less likely to hit
dueling - won't do as much damage on a turn, but more likely to hit

So it's a matter of preference. Would you rather do a little damage every turn or a lot of damage on some turns and no damage on others.
---
"without evil there can be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometimes" -Satan from South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut
#9ZetSabrePosted 2/14/2008 1:31:25 PM
the above poster basically summed it up, a note about duel weilding tho, if you decide to go that path, don't bother with short lightsabres, go for a second full length one

if you want my opinion tho id say duel wield, by midway through the game youll be hitting things accurately with 2 sabres anyways, so missing wont be to huge an issue.

also as for an attack feat, with duel wielding, i recommend critical strike, flurry could be good to a suppose, power attack isnt the greatest.

-Zet
---
Valor, Virtue, Vengance, Victory - Equality, Justice, Freedom, Courage Believe R U Nubi?
#10The_UchihaPridePosted 2/14/2008 10:17:12 PM
Jedi watchman makes all you skills i.e persaude,repair non cross class skills rejoice no more paying 2 skill points to upgrade WOOHOO
---
I have killed before.......but only in a video game: )