The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Possible to get PC mods for this to the XBox?

#1LordOfLegaciesPosted 7/7/2008 12:09:48 PM
I know that with Morrowind, it's possible to get mods with a modified XBox, and I was wondering if it's possible to do with this game?
I know it's illegal to modify your XBox so I'm not asking how, but I just wanna know if it's possible.
---
"When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies" - The Boondock Saints - Ill Duce
#2TrueAethisPosted 7/7/2008 2:00:57 PM
Well if you wanna get shut off from Xbox live then it is probably possible.
---
PSN ID: AdamsKi47
#3MagisterMagicaPosted 7/7/2008 2:03:40 PM
There are definitely ways that it can be done. I do not encourage them, because the PC ones are much better and less risky.
#4The RobPosted 7/7/2008 5:32:36 PM
File directories and such may be different but I haven't tried it. I've been thinking about sticking a few mods on there and trying it out though. I'm most interested in team-gizka's, just to see if it's compatible the way it's released.
---
"Where's a gamecube when you need one?" ~ Bob (ReBoot)
#5Dragoon ZER0Posted 7/7/2008 6:49:56 PM
If I really want to play with mods I do so on the PC because it takes far less time, everything works (as well as it's going to), and it looks better.

There are very few mods out there that are a simple drag & drop process for Xbox use. You have to put in some work to get them running.

It's also somewhat limited.

Model and model extension (.mdl & .mdx) files generally won't work. If it's a model that already exists in the game and has just had its texture reference changed (usually a K1 thing), you can pull the model from the Xbox version (if you've got a copy on your hd) with KotOR Tool and use a hex editor to change the texture reference yourself. If it's a new model or an altered original, you're pretty much screwed.

I've been told in the past that modules (.mod) and rims (.rim) won't work and I've never bothered to try. This basically means no new areas are possible.

Textures work alright, but they can't be larger than 256x256. 512x512 or larger and your box will eventually choke on them. You'll need a way to resize them.

I think everything else works as it should and I might be wrong about a few things up there. I started tinkering with the Xbox versions a long time ago and haven't really kept up with what's possible. There's definitely more to this, but I've gone as far as I'm going to go for now...
#6LordOfLegacies(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2008 9:01:39 PM
Hmm, maybe I will just shell out the extra 20 bucks to get this on computer if it's quite that difficult : (
---
"When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies" - The Boondock Saints - Ill Duce
#7VoxAngelPosted 7/7/2008 11:34:32 PM
If you have the money for the PC version, go with it. What's possible on the xbox is a bit more than people here seem to be aware of, but it definitely doesn't have the potential of the PC version.
#8Captain_SorzoPosted 7/8/2008 3:51:08 AM
I think I remember seeing some videos on Youtube awhile back of the HK-50 factory on a modded Xbox. I'd just wait for the Restoration Project, however.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#9Dragoon ZER0Posted 7/8/2008 12:41:42 PM
How far off am I, VA? I wouldn't mind trying a few things I haven't dealt with before.

You were once known as Storm Singer weren't you? You got me started ages ago hex editing items directly into the Xbox RIM files back before Xbox 'override' was all sorted out. Hell, I think I might still have your old website saved on one of my PCs :)