Question about White and Black Mask in FFII. (Spoilers)

#1crpavPosted 3/11/2008 6:57:39 AM
SPOILERS...

I read the guides and said it's not possible to put the incorrect masks on the incorrect places but here I am and it let me put the black mask on the statue and have the white mask in my inventory. I can't use it on the doppelganger so now what?
#2zeekybookydoogPosted 3/11/2008 8:02:14 PM
H4x too much, didn't you?
---
ph33r teh zeeky wordz!| # of users I've ZBD'd: 5
If you're trying to drive me crazy, you're too late.
#3crpav(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2008 6:44:34 AM
What kind of reply is that? I have the gameboy version and all I did was get the black mask first, went to the statue without really paying attention to hints from the townspeople, and "talked" to the statue. It brought up the screen where I could choose item so I chose the black mask. It flew to her face, sparkled, and I then went to get the white mask. I go to the clone guy blocking the entrance to the cave who is now still but when I try to use the white mask it says nothing happens.
#4zeekybookydoogPosted 3/12/2008 2:47:19 PM
*groan*
You see that sticky topic right there at the top of this board? Read through it, then keep asking if you're still having problems.
---
#5crpav(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2008 3:56:56 PM
I could thank you for pointing me to that but I repeat IT ALLOWED ME TO USE THE BLACK MASK ON THE STATUE. If you want I can send you my game and you can see for yourself.

Here is how I am stuck right now. I have the white mask in my inventory. I press the action button in front of the statue and no menu comes up allowing me to do anything. A mask(the black mask) is already on the statue. I did it myself and witnessed it "fly" to her face. As dumb and crazy as it sounds it happened. I go to the doppleganger and he is frozen but when I try to use the only mask I have, the white mask, it says nothing happens. I know it has been stated with quite attitude that it can't be done wrong, my game did it. I am not some video game noob or anything(except for the apparent fact I messed this up) so I guess I just give this game up and play something else.
#6silktailPosted 3/12/2008 4:01:12 PM
but when I try to use the only mask I have,

Key items don't leave you inventory even if you use them up.
I.e. You should have both Masks even after passing this section.
---
#7crpav(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2008 8:44:59 PM
Well guys, I am a big enough man to admit when I have been bested by my stupidity. Sorry for being so stupid on this and not paying attention. I do have both masks after checking my inventory due to the last post. Again sorry for all the repeated confusion.
#8zeekybookydoogPosted 3/17/2008 4:56:14 PM
Key items don't leave you inventory even if you use them up.

Not necessarily true. I know for a fact that the Mythril and Wyvern Egg don't stick around in your inventory through to the end of the game.
---