FAQ Topic (Repost ;o;, SPOILERS)

#1MalikKitsunePosted 2/26/2005 2:04:34 PMmessage detail
Because someone had to murder it violently ;o; Anyways, keep in mind to read this topic throughly. DO NOT POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE. If you know something important that isn't covered in the topic already or in the guides, then please post. But check before you do or we'll chase you with pointy sticks. Bump it... about every five days or when it's on the third page.

Shadebat Locations

Each one is in the different Immortal dungeons with the exception of spiral tower.
NeoZeroX's map: http://img90.exs.cx/img90/6171/Boktai2-Rockman.png (It still funtions for now :O)

Crimson enemies

When one defeats over 100 of a certain undead species, red versions of them appear. They are crimson enemies. They have high health and can kill you fairly quickly. Undead things that have crimson versions (+'s) are: Boks (ghouls), Mummies, Golems, Cockatrices, Skeletons, Bandits, Liches, Swords, and Axes. When you defeat them, you can get lots of experience and items.

Solar Tree growth

To fill the hole: Clear the Cathedral.
To get a sprout: Clear Dark City (3rd Immortal).
To get a shrub: Collect 86400 Sol.
To get a small tree: Collect 129600 Sol.
To get a full tree: Collect 172800 Sol.
To get a blossomed tree: Clear the game and collect 216000 Sol.
(Credit: originalcracker)
---
Beware of Fangirl
Visit my quote and join TnK or ELSE... de puku...
#2MalikKitsune(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2005 2:05:36 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3MalikKitsune(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2005 2:07:38 PMmessage detail
KAAMOS

How to get it: Stand outside at night in the rain, I believe.
What does it do: It makes it so you can't charge up your energy or use enchantments
How to get rid of it: Use "Drop of Sun". Buy it from Lita. Or when you have a full grown Solar Tree, go under it at sunrise and get cleansed in its dew.

Berserk Black Django

What does he do: Cry out and then fly across the screen, sacrificing half of what life he has left to hurt everything on the screen.
Why does he do it: Django must not like n00b boks -_-
How to do it: While as Black Django, he has to hit enemies 100-200 (or something like that) times (not each, duh). To actually trigger it after hitting things, Django has to be hit. You'll know when you're close because he grunts (for a lack of a better word) a few times when you hit things.

Naming References

Django: "Spaghetti" Western movie hero of "Django"

Otenko: Maybe a combination of "Otenki" (good weather) and "Otento-sama" (one of the names for the Sun). His name is spelled in Hiragana, so it possibly is.

Sabata: Another "Spaghetti" Western movie hero

Lita: It wasn't verified, but is probably a character from "Django"

The Count: Counts were European noblemen (But how is Elec Hakushaku noble?)

Ringo: A character in "Django". He was actually the hero of his own series, titles includes "A Pistol for Ringo". (credit: originalcracker) And for you people who firmly believe that he should be named after Django's favorite fruit (Ringo means apple in Japanese), I have very sick ideas for things I can say about it :O

Muspell: Shortened from the Norse city of fire Muspelhiem

Garmr: In Norse mythology, Hel's watchdog

Carmilla: From the book Carmilla, one of the first lady vampires. Maybe that's why they said lady vampire instead of snake lady

Hel: In Norse mythology, one of Loki's children, the ruler of the underworld

Mani: Norse God of the Moon. Yes, Mani was supposed to be male.

Zazie: French pop star singer (credit: Myoujou)

Kid: Be thankful it wasn't Chocolove

Lady: She's a lady

Cheynne: I think he was a character or a tribe. Can't remember which.

Smith: Black smith to Solar smith to Steel smith

Sumire/Violet: Sumire means the flowers violets or a bashful person.

Kuro/Nero: Kuro means black and Kuro is a black cat/Franco Nero was the guy who played Django in "Django"

Dainn, Dvalinn, Durathror, and Duneyrr: In Norse mythology, four stags who gnawed at Yggdrasill

Jormungandr: Norse mythology, the Midgard Zorom (Zolom? Can't remember which one was from Final Fantasy and which one was from mythology), one of Loki's children. Jormungandr was said to be long enough to barely fit in the ocean and had poisonus teeth that could instantly kill things.

Luis: Music composer for "Django". (credit: originalcracker)

Ennio: Music composer for "A Fist-ful of Dollars". (remove the - and you get an offensive thing)(credit: originalcracker)

Marcello: originalcracker forgot. D:

Mjollnir: Thor's hammer. He used it to kill Jormungandr, who killed him in its poison. (Techni-credit: Kaya [who promised to write some Boktai fanfiction but didn't ; ;])

Yggdrasil: Ah, the overused tree in games. The world tree in Norse Mythology. It bound all the worlds together. Yggdrasil appears on the Cathedral floor (the room with the Trap! and where you enter Duneyrr's lair). The Solar Tree also represents Yggdrasil. (credit: originalcracker)
---
Beware of Fangirl
#4LordHuffnPuffPosted 2/26/2005 2:29:11 PMmessage detail
KAAMOS can be obtained during the day as well.
---
Nintendo Official Magazine UK is in every way superior to Nintendo Power. Taiyohhhh!
#5fawful007Posted 2/26/2005 3:15:03 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6MalikKitsune(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2005 4:14:22 PMmessage detail
Because someone had to murder it violently ;o; Anyways, keep in mind to read this topic throughly. DO NOT POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE. If you know something important that isn't covered in the topic already or in the guides, then please post. But check before you do or we'll chase you with pointy sticks. Bump it... about every five days or when it's on the third page.

Utter proof that people don't read ;o; That's how the first one reached over 100 posts.
---
Beware of Fangirl
#7LordHuffnPuffPosted 2/26/2005 4:18:13 PMmessage detail
At least mine was contributing.
---
Nintendo Official Magazine UK is in every way superior to Nintendo Power. Taiyohhhh!
#8Blackbelt5610Posted 2/26/2005 7:52:47 PMmessage detail
Attacks from Black Django's Sword, Hammer, and Spear push normal enemies back, causing them to stop whatever attack they were going to do. Very helpful in destroying crimson monsters.
---
"So dumb he can't chew gum and fart at the same time"
-Lyndon B. Johnson, talking about Gerald Ford
#9Forte_EXPosted 2/26/2005 8:08:00 PMmessage detail
Black Django's weapon attacks also are faster than Red Django's, allowing you to hit an enemy multiple times in a short period.
---
[Bonafide Canadian Negro]-Hate it or like it the underdog's on top, and I'm gonna shine right on until my heart stops...
#10spazbutt32Posted 2/27/2005 5:13:12 AMmessage detail
http://artpad.art.com/?ickkl1tbry4

solution to above mentioned cathedral puzzle
i can get you screenshots with my emu if you need
---
Gleanfar 2x Fighter
Blibmup 4x Cleric - temporarily retired