Best Methods for Skill Farming?

#1the13thJediPosted 12/19/2007 1:15:10 PM
Leveling up is easy. Leveling skills is ridiculous.

Support skills, item crafting, and anything else that doesn't involve hitting the enemy is easy enough. But I'll be damned if there hasn't got to be a better way to earn attack skills than just fighting random battles over and over.

Suggestions?
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag = ......on second thought, nevermind.
#2texaswolfPosted 12/19/2007 11:44:29 PM
That is about the only way I know of. I just go back through early areas and fight monsters over and over if I feel like pumping up the skills.
---
http://texaswolf80.friends.carbonpoker.com/
#3The_NecronoirPosted 12/20/2007 5:27:43 AM
Switching to the lowest weapon you possess and using the weakest attack in each section is a tactic I often use. Of course you'll want to either paralyse or put the enemies to sleep first, and it's not a good idea to do it on the later levels as you can quite easily waste all your efforts by getting killed.
#4swordwarrior12Posted 12/20/2007 9:58:21 AM
I have a way. It is good, but long and boring

When going through Moria, you must use this on goblin cheiftains:

1) Drain the cheiftain of its AP

2) Have Berethor use Company Might and Fellowship Grace

3) Use non-attacking moves for an eternity and you can fill up some craft trees early on

Works so long as you do not kill the chieftain. Can also work with any enemy whose attacks all take up AP (The white-haired wild men in Rohan work as well)
---
I am not a crazy man!!! The voices in my head say so!!
#5atwyattPosted 12/20/2007 6:58:53 PM
Yeah, leveling up skills (called powerleveling?) takes a while. :(

One thing that helps is to know exactly which skills you want to have, and to not develop the swordcraft skills for all characters, etc.

Ie. Idrial. I hardly ever develop her sword skills because they're just not necessary. So I put most of the experience into her Spirit skills and attributes. :) So that lets me develop Berethor and Hadhod faster. :)

But even with Hadhod, I only use a few of his skills for the most part. The most important being Crippling Smash. :) (It keeps delaying the enemies' turns so they almost never get to attack. XD) So I really don't have to go for many of the other skills.

In one of my files, I leveled up Berethor at the beginning of Eregion (at the beginning of the game) until his swordcraft tree was filled :), and he learned Gondor Rampage. :) So I just saved that file so I don't have to do it again. XD

But I think specializing your characters (ie. Idrial going for Spirit skills,) and seeking after specific skills, will make powerleveling a lot easier. :) The skills I go for most are Arrows of Sleep, and the crippling hits. :) (And Berethor's 3-5 hit combos.)

---
RE4 Videos: hosted.filefront.com/atwyatt --- youtube.com/profile?user=atwyatt
Mercs high scores: castle-317,870, village-200,800, WW-177,500, base-159,300
#6swordwarrior12Posted 12/23/2007 9:35:25 AM
You can level Idrial's sword craft easily.

Two words: Leech Inspiration. You can use it for the strategy I listed above since it does not deal damage.

With how I work, you can finish both Berethor and Idrial completely while still in Moria and can also finish Hadhod's unbearable Spirit Craft all the while
---
#7atwyattPosted 12/27/2007 6:39:55 PM
^ That's a good idea. :) I didn't know Leech Inspiration didn't deal damage.

So I can level up her swordcraft some more too. :)

---
RE4 Videos: hosted.filefront.com/atwyatt --- youtube.com/profile?user=atwyatt
Mercs high scores: castle-317,870, village-200,800, WW-177,500, base-159,300
#8Dalian12Posted 1/3/2008 7:29:29 PM
There's also a place like the goblin drummer in helm's deep where legolas joins your party. Don't take down the ladders and they keep springing up. Plus is they overwhelm you you can take down a ladder and have one less enemy to worry about. Arnor mushrooms in that battle is good aswell
#9swordwarrior12Posted 1/23/2008 10:03:19 AM
The moves I use to power level are:

Berethor: Company Might, Fellowship Greace (works better if he has 25% off AP and that FG with CM equipped restores over 90 so he does not hit 0 quickly)

Idrial: Drain Inspiration, Leech Inspiration, Haste of the Elves, Gift of Elrond/Galadriel

Elegost: Kingsfoil Grace (Captain's Inspire recommened since he has low AP early on)

Hadhod: Endure Flame (The only one that does not slow him down and costs VERY little for HIM)

Morwen: Seize Skill, Steal Action, Battle Haste

Eaoden: Drain Spirit, Spirit Drought, Tap Reserve

For ones like Berethor's sword craft and Elegost's bow craft which do NOT have non-offensive moves, the only advice I can impart there is to play on hard mode
---