PLEASE READ before posting questions (almost 0 storyline spoilers) V.4

#1TakumiSamaPosted 3/20/2007 11:40:52 PMmessage detail
=========
Introduction
=========

Okay! Welcome to my thread. I'm AzNsHaDoW553 (Yes, bear with the name. I made it quite some time ago). Gamespot users will see me as TakumiSama. This will be organized into arcs where you will first encounter the question you will have. The arcs are named after towns or locations for the sake of keeping spoilers to a minimum. In order to find what you need, look through the table of contents and find what you need. Then press CTRL+F and enter the number of the question there and press enter twice and you should go to that question.

=============
Table of Contents
=============

=========
A. Pre-game
=========

Q01: Should I buy this game?
Q02: What is this game about?
Q03: Can I play this on a PS3?
Q04: Is anything in this game missable?
Q05: What are the one-time dungeons?

==========
B. Kamiki Arc
==========

Q06: What do I get when I collect all the stray beads?
Q07: How do I get that treasure under water?!
Q08: Should I sell these treasures and fish or should I keep them for whatever reason?
Q09: Does drowning count as dying?
Q10: What about using an astral pouch?
Q11: So what does upgrading astral pouch do?
Q12: What do I offer the statues in Shinsuu fields?
Q13: Where are the offering statues?
Q14: What is Godhood? Is it permanent?
Q15: How do I find these monsters on the monster list?
Q16: Should I use my gold dusts on my weapons?
Q17: How do I beat Ida in a race in Shinsuu Field? He always seems to win if I get too far ahead.
Q18: I can't dig in this hard ground! What's up?
Q19: What about this pile of leaves?
Q20: I can't cut this rock! What's wrong?
Q21: How do I level Power Slash?
Q22: What's a divine spring?
Q23: Where do I find these divine springs?
Q24: What is this bear here for?
Q25: Where is the final round object for the bear?!
Q26: How do I drag this mean old sleeping lady into the moonlight?
Q27: Where's the wanted list in Kusa Village?
Q28: How do I feed the canine warriors?!
Q29: How do I beat Bingo's digging game?
Q30: I could've sworn I missed a technique I need now. Theres some frozen walls I can't get through.
Q31: I'm having some trouble figuring out what to do with this rotating cannon.
Q32: I keep ringing this bell in the Moon Cave but nothing is happening! What do I do?
Q33: Tama is depressed and Issun is telling me to make a "Big Bang". What do I do?
Q34: How do I upgrade Cherry Bomb?
#2TakumiSama(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2007 11:41:06 PMmessage detail
==========
C. Sei-an Arc
==========

Q35: How do I get to stray bead #40? The current is too strong and I can't create any more lily pads further up!
Q36: How do I beat enemy carrying the parasol outside of Sei-an?
Q37: What and where is Inaba?
Q38: Where do I find the thief named Hayazo the guard is talking about?
Q39: Theres a flower symbol above that thief's head! But bloom doesn't work! What do I do?
Q40: I can't catch him again! He says I need something shocking.
Q41: In Sei-an Who do I give the items I got from him to?
Q42: I accidently lost the mask and the thief is nowhere to be found!
Q43: Where do I find Komuso for stray bead #52?
Q44: What does the ghost in Sei-an do?
Q45: For stray bead #48, how do I draw the heart?! It keeps saying I drew it wrong.
Q46: What about the two 8s?!
Q47: And what about this Kanji?
Q48: Where is the gimmick gear?
Q49: Camellia isn't showing up in Sei-an. Did I do something wrong?
Q50: She wants me to make it rain but waterspout doesn't work! What do I do?
Q51: Where is the last tree in Sei-an?! (Or last 3)
Q52: How do I get the fruit from the guardian sapling in N. Ryoshima Coast?
Q53: How far have I progressed through the game?
Q54: Should I donate to these divine springs?
Q55: Where do I get the brush upgrade for (insert brush technique here)
Q56: Theres a monument in Shinsuu fields! What does it do?
Q57: How do I beat the fat mermaid's (ew) digging game?
Q58: What do I do with this "Treasure Box"?
Q59: When is this "Point of no return"?
Q60: I've played well over 31 hours! Why don't I have the secret theater yet?
Q61: How do I beat the blockheads things?!

==========
D. Kamui Arc
==========

Q62: What do I get for beating Blockhead Grande?
Q63: What do I do to make my hardhead stronger?
Q64: In this cave in Kamui, I'm stuck in the middle platform and I can't get enough distance with my jump! What's wrong?
Q65: What does the snowball at the entrance of Wep'keer do?
Q66: What does the 99,999 yen seal do in Ponc'tan?
Q67: The spider gate isn't showing up yet. What gives?
Q68: At Wawku temple, theres a big snow blower. I know the right combination but it starts moving again before I get the chance to stop the second wheel.
Q69: At Wawku temple, theres a cannon with a barrier behind it! And what do I do with that rolling ball of ice?
Q70: Where do I find the final rosary?
Q71: How do I beat (insert location here)'s Spider gate?
Q72: When can I race Kai again?
Q73: How do I beat her?!

====================
E. Near-end-game clean-up
====================

Q74: How do I get Yen for Praise?
Q75: Do I get anything for completing the treasure, fishing, and animal tomes?
Q76: Where are all the Gold Dusts?
Q77: I can't find some sun fragments! Can you list where they are?
Q78: Where do I find the (insert Treasure Item or Travel Guide here).
Q79: How do I earn more money? I want to get brown rage!

==========
F. Post-game
==========

Q80: Wait... Ammy is a girl?!
Q81: What do I keep for New Game+?
Q82: What do I need for S-ranking at the end of the game?
Q83: What are these Karmic Transformers I got?
Q84: I didn't unlock the last two videos in the theater! What gives?

============================
G. Weapon Description and Locations

At the very bottom.

Now, we start the Frequently asked questions section!
#3TakumiSama(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2007 11:43:19 PMmessage detail
=========
A. Pre-game
=========

Q01: Should I buy this game?
A: I don't know. Thats something you should answer yourself. Read some unbiased reviews and decide for yourself.

Q02: What is this game about?
A: You're a goddess of Japanese Shinto in the body of a wolf religion purifying the world of darkness and restoring things to their original state.

Q03: Can I play this on a PS3?
A: I don't see why not.

Q04: Is anything in this game missable?
A: Anything important is NOT missable. (Stray beads, brush techniques, upgrades, gold dust). Only things you can miss is a single dog (in a familiar place), some minor treasures, and praise. The dog isn't easy to miss either. In fact... I don't think you can miss him unless you were blind. If you didn't have any meat bags, theres a merchant like 50 feet away from him. (Last quote credited to denki_aenima).

Q05: What are the one-time dungeons?
A: Since it would give spoilers to list the dungeons that are one-time. I'll list the ones that aren't one time.
Tsuta Ruins, Gale Temple, Sunken Ship, Catcall Tower (although it's not really a "dungeon"), Yoshipet Forest (the area after it IS a one-time area though.) and Wawku Shrine.

==========
B. Kamiki Arc
==========

Q06: What do I get when I collect all the stray beads?
A: You get an accessory that gives you invincibility, infinite ink, and attack power x10 for New Game+.

Q07: How do I get that treasure under water?!
A: Power Slash it. The treasure will float to the surface.

Q08: Should I sell these treasures and fish or should I keep them for whatever reason?
A: SELL THEM. There is no point in keeping them. Sell the fish to the merchant in Sei-an for a 50% extra. You can also sell the fish to the merchant in Taka Pass for 50% extra as well. (credited to denki_aenima)

Q09: Does drowning count as dying?
A: No.

Q10: What about using an astral pouch?
A: No. The time dying counts is when you're out of astral pouches and die.

Q11: So what does upgrading astral pouch do?
A: It allows you to revive more than once (You must fill the other bags though, each bag holds 200).

Q12: What do I offer the statues in Shinsuu fields?
A: First you need to fight the demon gate just across the river from the Nameless man's house. Then during the day, you'll be able to get vases from him (according to how far you progressed in the story. Last one being just before the game ends).

Q13: Where are the offering statues?
A: There are 5.
1. Near the Nameless Man's house while going towards the dojo.
2. On the path leading UP to the dojo.
3. In a bombable wall near the statue that looks like a cat.
4. In a nook between the water and the ramp where the Moon Shrine is.
5. At the Moon Cave after the Kamiki Arc.

Q14: What is Godhood? Is it permanent?
A: No, it is not permanent. If you noticed during battle, there is a picture of you surrounded in either red, yellow or green on the bottom left. Godhood is the number of times you can get hit without getting hurt. You build it up by attacking enemies and/or using traveler/god charms. There are 5 levels of godhood.
Green: You can take 3 hits without getting hurt. Changes to yellow after getting hit.
Yellow: You can take 2 hits without getting hurt. Changes to red after getting hit.
Red: You can take 1 more hit without getting hurt. Changes to null (no picture) after getting hit.
Null: You can get hurt when you get hit.
Skull: You can only get skull if you run away from battle or falling in miasma while you have Null status.
#4TakumiSama(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2007 11:43:55 PMmessage detail
Q15: How do I find these monsters on the monster list?
A: You can only find them at night. Do not leave the area until you have found all 5. Changing to daytime will not respawn monsters but leaving the area and coming back WILL. The monsters are in set locations but their names are usually thrown around. Where you might find Monster A here, someone else will find Monster A somewhere else.

Q16: Should I use my gold dusts on my weapons?
A: Yes, you should use them on your weapons. However, 2 of the gold dusts can ONLY be obtained at the end of the game where you can't return. So save 2 of the gold dusts for the ultimate weapons.

Q17: How do I beat Ida in a race in Shinsuu Field? He always seems to win if I get too far ahead of him.
A: Headbutt him. You can only race him the final time after the Sei-an arc.

Q18: I can't dig in this hard ground! What's up?
A: You'll need a technique that allows you to dig in hard ground. You'll find it way later.

Q19: What about this pile of leaves?
A: You'll get a brush technique later for it.

Q20: I can't cut this rock! What's wrong?
A: Level up Power Slash.

Q21: How do I level Power Slash?
A: Donate the maximum amount 3 times to the Divine Springs you find.

Q22: What's a divine spring?
A: A pond with lots of glittery money in it. Note: The money is HUGE, easy to tell apart from normal ponds.

Q23: Where do I find these divine springs?
A: You're probably not close to getting the first upgrade yet but...
Power Slash 2: N. Ryoshima Coast under a rock surrounded by pots.
Power Slash 3: At Ezofuji. While walking up the winding path, jump off the path to a cliff below. (indicated by the map. You need Power Slash 2)

Q24: What is this bear here for?
A: You can roll round objects to him for praise. There are 3 objects. The cabbage, the walnut, and the beehive.

Q25: Where is the final round object for the bear?!
A: After you have given the bear the cabbage and walnut, look up for those vine flowers after giving him the other two round objects. Directly below one of the vine flowers is a beehive hanging from the tree. Powerslash it.

Q26: How do I drag this mean old sleeping lady into the moonlight?
A: You can't while she's sleeping. Come back after you progressed further in the game.

Q27: Where's the wanted list in Kusa Village?
A: Go to the second floor of the inn and headbutt the door in the back. Exit the inn and come back in and talk to the girl in the room on the right at the second floor.

Q28: How do I feed the canine warriors?!
A: Go in your menu MANUALLY and feed them. Remember to walk up close.

Q29: How do I beat Bingo's digging game?
A: You need to get him all the way over to the right side before letting him drop onto the ground floor. DO NOT let him drop onto the ground floor before then.

Q30: I could've sworn I missed a technique I need now. Theres some frozen walls I can't get through.
A: Just progress through a little further. There are other routes you can take.

Q31: I'm having some trouble figuring out what to do with this rotating cannon.
A: Light it with the torch next to you and aim for the wall where the banner is. (The cannon will spin approximately a quarter of the way before firing after being lit). If the torch there isn't lit yet, go back to the sand room and push the stone ball onto the switch on the other side of the room.

Q32: I keep ringing this bell in the Moon Cave but nothing is happening! What do I do?
A: Headbutt the bell. Powerslash doesn't work for some reason.

Q33: Tama is depressed and Issun is telling me to make a "Big Bang". What do I do?
A: You need to draw double and triple cherry bombs (note, you can only draw one at a time).
#5TakumiSama(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2007 11:44:57 PMmessage detail
Q34: How do I upgrade Cherry Bomb?
A: Same way you upgrade Power Slash, donating to a divine spring.
Cherry Bomb 2, N. Ryoshima Coast, in a hole you have to bomb to open.
Cherry Bomb 3, Kamui, look up for a vine flower to the left of the guardian sapling. (You need Cherry Bomb 2).

==========
C. Sei-an Arc
==========

Q35: How do I get to stray bead #40? The current is too strong and I can't create any more lily pads further up!
A: You need the water tablet. You can buy one from the Emperor of Sei-an. However, you'll need to beat the Sei-an Arc first.

Q36: How do I beat enemy carrying the parasol outside of Sei-an?
A: Attack it and it will block. Immediately follow up with galestorm and you can attack her.

Q37: What and where is Inaba?
A: A black and white rabbit, he's outside the gates leading to Sei-an.

Q38: Where do I find the thief named Hayazo the guard is talking about?
A: After you've lit all the large torches with stones in the middle, he'll say he's nearby. Power slash the stones near him (Also the one along where the torches are). He's not neccessarily in the same rock all the time.

Q39: Theres a flower symbol above that thief's head! But bloom doesn't work! What do I do?
A: Thats actually a symbol for water. Notice he's blue.

Q40: I can't catch him again! He says I need something shocking.
A: Progress in the story.

Q41: In Sei-an Who do I give the items I got from him to?
A: Pocket Watch - The samurai just at the entrance of Sei-an

Dumplings - The kid outside Mr. Blossom's house. Near Raiden.

Hair Pin - The guy walking along the main street near the entrance to the Aristocrat district. At night, he's inside the restraunt.

Mask - A guard inside the headquarters at the floating island in the sky. First, you need to fill the pond near the guard in the southeast side of Sei-an. Then you can make it spout and carry you to the island in the sky. From there, go inside and the guard inside needs it.

Q42: I accidently lost the mask and the thief is nowhere to be found!
A: Make a day pass by (drawing the sun and then follow up with the moon again). Then slash the rocks near the guard and the mask should pop up from one of them.

Q43: Where do I find Komuso for stray bead #52?
A: You need to help him clear the evil as short a time as possible starting in Kamiki. Then he'll move to Kusa Village. Finally he moves to Sei-an. You'll know when he moves when he gives you praise.

Q44: What does the ghost in Sei-an do?
A: Nothing, he's just a lightning source for a mini-game.

Q45: For stray bead #48, how do I draw the heart?! It keeps saying I drew it wrong.
A: Start from the bottom and draw clockwise (you know, the way the clock hands move). Note: One side is bigger than the other

Q46: What about the two 8s?!
A: They're not 8s, They're 4 seperate circles that touch each other making a clover. Just draw 4 circles in 4 strokes and have each of their edges touch the adjacent circle.

Q47: And what about this Kanji?
A: It shows stroke by stroke how to draw it from the girl's thought bubble. Follow it (direction, stroke order, etc). Make sure each of the intersection points' lines touch each other. (note, do not draw too far out)

Q48: Where is the gimmick gear?
A: Race Ida in Shinsuu fields and beat him 3 times. You can only race him the third time after the second major portion of the game. (There are 3 main portions)

Q49: Camellia isn't showing up in Sei-an. Did I do something wrong?
A: Go to Kamiki village after it's completely restored. Find her there, talk to her, and headbutt her.
#6TakumiSama(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2007 11:46:00 PMmessage detail
Q50: She wants me to make it rain but waterspout doesn't work! What do I do?
A: You need Deluge. Since it contains spoilers, use GTRagnarok's Collectibles FAQ or Mookiethebold's Sidequest/Mini-Game Guide. (Note: You can only learn Deluge AFTER the Sei-an Arc.

Q51: Where is the last tree in Sei-an?! (Or last 3)
A: Inside Mr. Flower's house, behind his house and... ON HIS HEAD!

Q52: How do I get the fruit from the guardian sapling in N. Ryoshima Coast?
A: When Yoichi the archer is there. Connect water to his arrow. If he isn't there anymore, you missed out on 30 praise.

Q53: How far have I progressed through the game?
A: Check your stray beads. Look for the latest stray bead you've gotten and slap a % at the end of the number and you have an estimate of how far you progressed.

Q54: Should I donate to these divine springs?
A: Yes! Give it the maximum donation 3 times and you'll receive either a power slash or cherry bomb upgrade.

Q55: Where do I get the brush upgrade for (insert brush technique here)
A: You can use GTRagnarok's FAQ
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/okami_collect.txt

or Mookiethebold's FAQ
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/920500/47486

(Note: May contain spoilers)

Q56: Theres a monument in Shinsuu fields! What does it do?
A: Return to it later. You'll know when.

Q57: How do I beat the fat mermaid's (ew) digging game?
A: Dig UPWARDS on the far right side. Then dig back down where the fat mermaid is.

Q58: What do I do with this "Treasure Box"?
A: Give it to Urashima. The fat kid.

Q59: When is this "Point of no return"?
A: Trust me, you'll know. They'll tell you in bold red letters.

Q60: I've played well over 31 hours! Why don't I have the secret theater yet?
A: Beat the game. It's an end game unlockable. If you are playing the PAL version, it was removed from the game. The theater contains only trailers of the game before it was released. No in-game cut-scenes

Q61: How do I beat the blockheads things?!
A: You need to dot the weak points IN THE ORDER THEY APPEAR. If you're still having trouble, draw yourself a grid of 4x4 sqaures on a piece of paper. (The blockhead's weak points appear on a 4x4 grid). And quickly draw lines across the squares. Alternatively you can use a recording device (Camera, Cell phone, VCR). Note: You do NOT have to be exact in pin-pointing the points.
You can also use dry-erase markers. Must be dry erase. Don't want any permanent marks on your TV now. (credited to Amethyst42)

==========
D. Kamui Arc
==========

Q62: What do I get for beating Blockhead Grande?
A: You get a stray bead, a pocket watch you can sell for 30,000 yen, and a gold dust.

Q63: What do I do to make my hardhead stronger?
A: It gets stronger when Power Slash does. Pretty much makes it useless doesn't it? Well... at least you save an ink pot that you'll recover in a second or two.

Q64: In this cave in Kamui, I'm stuck in the middle platform and I can't get enough distance with my jump! What's wrong?
A: Dash and jump immediately for some more distance. I can't believe you weren't using this technique through most of the game!

Q65: What does the snowball at the entrance of Wep'keer do?
A: No one currently knows. I suspect it has no purpose.

Q66: What does the 99,999 yen seal do in Ponc'tan?
A: Well first, it's free. Second, your seal appears at the end of the credits. It's barely noticeable.

Q67: The spider gate isn't showing up yet. What gives?
A: You haven't progressed far enough in the game for it to show up. They'll appear after a certain point.
#7TakumiSama(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2007 11:46:47 PMmessage detail
Q68: At Wawku temple, theres a big snow blower. I know the right combination but it starts moving again before I get the chance to stop the second wheel.
A: You have the wheel facing the wrong direction then. Try the opposite direction.

Q69: At Wawku temple, theres a cannon with a barrier behind it! And what do I do with that rolling ball of ice?
A: Use Veil of Mist and Power slash the cannonballs to destroy the cannon and open the barrier. Then blow the ball through that passageway.

Q70: Where do I find the final rosary?
A: The weapon dealer in Sei-an sells it right before "The point of no return"

Q71: How do I beat (insert location here)'s Spider gate?
A: Vengeance Slips and Steel Fist Sake make these fights incredibly easy and unchallenging. Be sure to buy a bunch.

Q72: When can I race Kai again?
A: Right before "The point of no return". She's in the forest where she led you through the first time.

Q73: How do I beat her?!
A: Try blooming each and every tree. Using Solar Flare helps a lot. Remember fire melts ice. (and snowballs)

====================
E. Near-end-game clean-up
====================

Q74: How do I get Yen for Praise?
A: Get 6020 praise in a single playthrough (Yes you can spend your praise). That is the amount of praise needed to maximize all stats. The yen for praise lasts until you beat the game.

Q75: Do I get anything for completing the treasure, fishing, and animal tomes?
A: You get... the satisfaction of seeing everything done on the tomes. Other than that... nothing!

Q76: Where are all the Gold Dusts?
A: Ok, you can only buy a maximum of 2 from each shop that sells them and one from each monster list.
Agata Forest item shop.
Kusa Village's shop
Sei-an's Weapon shop
Wep'keer's shop
Point-of-no-return's item shop
Moon shrine's monster list
Kusa Village's monster list (How to get this list is a question on this topic)
Sei-an's monster list (Go to the restraunt at night. To return the list, go in front of the restraunt during the day.)
A hut in Kamui's monster list.
The final gold dust you get is from Blockhead Grande.

Q77: I can't find some sun fragments! Can you list where they are?
A: No! But you can check GTRagnarok's FAQ
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/okami_collect.txt (note, might contain some spoilers)

or Mookiethebold's FAQ
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/920500/47486

(note: May contain spoilers)

Q78: Where do I find the (insert Treasure Item or Travel Guide here).
A: Use GTRagnarok's Collectibles FAQ. http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/okami_collect.txt (note: May contain spoilers)

Q79: How do I earn more money? I want to get brown rage!
A: The Kamui Spider Gate is the fastest place to earn money. Alternatively, you could fish. If you just want more money for S-rank, you probably have enough. Once you buy all skills/weapons in the game, you will have earned 8 million yen.

==========
F. Post-game
==========

Q80: Wait... Ammy is a girl?!
A: Yes, Amaterasu is female but ONLY in Shinto Religion. The Amaterasu in this game only shares the same name and characteristics (Being a divine figure, god of the sun) as the Amaterasu in Shinto religion. The manual states that Amaterasu is genderless. It was also quoted by the makers that Ammy is indeed genderless.
#8TakumiSama(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2007 11:47:29 PMmessage detail
Q81: What do I keep for New Game+?
A: You keep most of your items (Minus mermaid coins). You also lose the 5th tier weapons. Accessories you lose are fire tablet, water tablet, and thief gloves. You keep all your money, demon fangs, and praise as well as all your upgraded stats. Weapons also keep their upgrades from gold dust and no you can't upgrade them again. Once you get the 5th tier weapons back, they'll be upgraded already as well. You keep all the animals on your Animal tome however, they will be reset to 0% so you can feed them over again. The treasures and fish you collected are listed in new game+ and I assume you keep the stuff as well but... WHY HAVEN'T YOU SOLD THEM YET!?

Q82: What do I need for S-ranking at the end of the game?
A:4 or less Game Over and Continues.
550 Enemies or more defeated.
4 Million or more yen (YES you can spend it, they count the TOTAL amount).
300 or more demon fangs (YES you can spend these)
4500 or more Praise (You can spend it)

Q83: What are these Karmic Transformers I got?
A: They change Amaterasu's costume. They're usable in the items section and they have infinite use. You can use the Karmic Returner to return to normal.

Q84: I didn't unlock the last two videos in the theater! What gives?
A: You need all S-ranks in order to unlock all videos.

Q: This game is alot like Zel-
A: STOP RIGHT THERE. I don't want to hear it. I'm a fan of both. Gameplay differs A LOT. They're both good games. Comparing them is like apples to oranges.
#9TakumiSama(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2007 11:47:56 PMmessage detail
G. Weapon Description and Locations

Also... weapons. There are 3 types of weapons in this game. The Rosary, the Reflector, and the Glaive. They all have their pros and cons. It's up to you which one you want to use. Some weapons are better in some situations.

Reflector: Medium power. Short range. You can block with it when used as a sub-weapon. When blocking, you will get one demon fang per enemy whose attacks you block. Also if block a melee attack at the right moment, you'll initiate a pile driver; arguably the strongest attack in the game (note: Piledriver cannot be used against all enemies.For instance, Ogres). Wailing Mirror technique will increase power when two reflectors are wielded. The Piledrive time range will also widen making it easier to use.

Where they're found. (Taken from Shadow Edge's FAQ)
Divine Retribution: You start out with it
Snarling Beast: Acquired as part of the story. (Has Ink Bullet)
Infinity Judge: Purchased at Kusa Village's shop.
Trinity: Purchased after the Sei-an arc at Sei-an's weapon shop
Solar Flare: Acquired as part of the story. (Able to draw fire from it)

Rosary: Weak power. Good combo ability. Able to hit MANY targets with normal attacks. Medium range. Long range attack when equipped as a sub-weapon. Sub-weapon attack is also different according to the level Rosary you use. Rapid Fire style with Rosary level 1, 3, and 5. Shotgun style with 2 and 4. Bead String technique will increase the power when two rosaries are wielded. You can also fire non-stop as a sub-weapon withing needing any time to "reload".

Where they're found. (Taken from Shadow Edge's FAQ and partially from my memory)
Devout Beads: Found in a treasure chest in front of the Guardian sapling in Agata Forest after reviving it.
Life Beads: Acquired as part of the story
Excorcism Beads: Acquired as part of the story.
Ressurection Beads: Purchased from Wep'Keer's shop.
Tundra Beads: Purchased from Sei-an Weapon Shop just before the point of no return. (Able to draw ice from it)

Glaives: Highest power in the game. Charge-able attack. Very short range. The sub-weapon ground attack changes with each level of Glaive. A spinning lunge with levels 1, 3, and 5. An uppercut with levels 2 and 4. The air sub-weapon attack remains the same with all levels as a flying charge into the enemy. Sword Dance technique will increase the power when two glaives are wielded. It will also greatly reduce charge time.

Where they're found. (Taken from Shadow Edge's FAQ)
Tsumugari: Acquired as part of the story.
Seven Strike: Purchased from Sei-An's weapon shop. (Has ink bullet)
Blade of Kusanagi: Acqured as part of the story.
Eighth Wonder: Purchased from Ponc'tan's shop. (Has ink bullet)
Thunder Edge: Acqured as part of the story. (Able to draw lightning from it).

Now... You might be wondering, what IS this "Ink Bullet". It's another attack. When you dot the enemy with your brush, you'll fire ink bullets at it. More dots = more ink = more damage.

Now, which weapon is the best? Thats up to you to decide.

I hope this topic helps out everyone that reads it.

---
If your parents never had any children, chances are you won't have any either
#10Natwaf_akidnaPosted 3/21/2007 7:39:58 AMmessage detail
*two thumbs up*

I'll be leaving again...
---
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni ~ When the Cicadas Cry.
May the endless spiral of death be broken this time.....