Can anyone give me suggestions?

#1SaltGPosted 1/20/2008 7:15:08 AM
OK, first of all...I was either going to get this or final fantasy XII. Which game lasts longer (that seems to be something that matters alot now for me)? Which one has a better story? What's better over all?

And, also, if I do end up getting this game, should I just get the PS2 version or wait 2 months for the wii? From what I hear, the wii won't have anything new from ps2 other than controls. Also, I have a feeling that if I wait for wii one that I'll just be all over Brawl by that time.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
---
Rule # 1: The Captain is always right
Rule # 2: If the Captain is wrong, please refer to rule # 1
#2MookietheboldPosted 1/20/2008 7:40:06 AM
Just doing the main story of either game is about the same, roughly 30 - 40 hours. With all sidequests, FFXII is easily 100+ hours and Okami is 50+. Also, there's no new game+ in FF, but there is in Okami. Not that there are any drastic changes, but if you collect all of a certain item the first time through you'll get a special accessory that makes Ammy virtually invincible. Some folks will say that takes the fun/challenge out of the game, but to each their own.

IMO, Okami's story is much better than FF's. Better character development in particular, but also it's just more fun and interesting. FF's story isn't bad by any means, but it doesn't live up to the stories from previous FF's.

As far as which version to get, that's really up to you. The PS2 version is kinda tough to find since it didn't make Greatest Hits status, and in the time it takes you to find it, the Wii version will probably become available. Perhaps that's what you should do; if you find a PS2 copy first, get it. If you haven't found one by March 25th, get the Wii version.
---
saltpeterexitwound
#3teronicPosted 1/20/2008 8:36:35 AM
Haha, seems there's a lot of people deciding between Okami and FFXII.
#4SaltG(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2008 12:10:13 PM
OK, that seems like a good idea to me. Thanks for your suggestion.
---
Rule # 1: The Captain is always right
Rule # 2: If the Captain is wrong, please refer to rule # 1
#5unholy1DxPosted 1/21/2008 10:57:54 PM
To tell you the truth from my point of view get Okami for PS2 since it is practically obsolete & that Cloverfield, the makers of this and other games from what I have been told, has gone out of business. FFXII will be around for a long time & you will always be able to get it later for even a cheaper price. Okami's price on the PS2 won't change.

My psychiatrist always says,"Never sweat the small stuff, Everything is small stuff!!!"
Also, "It's good to be crazy, it keeps you from going insane!"
#6desertmanPosted 1/22/2008 5:21:21 AM
^Clover Studios, not Cloverfield
---
Click here for a free gullibility test!
#7teronicPosted 1/22/2008 3:08:57 PM
From unholy1Dx #005
To tell you the truth from my point of view get Okami for PS2 since it is practically obsolete & that Cloverfield

LOL
#8unholy1DxPosted 1/22/2008 10:55:30 PM
DOH! Just got back from seeing Cloverfield so it was stuck in my head. I meant Clover Studios. Thanx for the notice of my mistake. I really do appreciate them.. Really I do.
---
It's good 2 be crazy it keeps you from going insane!
Do what I say & don't listen 2 me & don't read this line!
#9bethnorPosted 1/23/2008 7:56:24 AM
besides which... really... HONESTLY... how different do you expect FFXII to be from FFX?

okami is a different type of game. if you've played one FF (or japanese rpg), they're all very much alike.
#10teronicPosted 1/23/2008 3:48:45 PM
From bethnor #009
if you've played one FF (or japanese rpg), they're all very much alike.

*gaspeth* Stereotyping!