I can't seem to do Ink Bullets...help?

#1MorterPosted 6/4/2012 7:17:07 PM
I got the Snarling Beast which, allegedly, allows me to use "Ink Bullets". I've equipped it on my main and sub weapons, and even read the travel guide tips, but no matter what, I can't get ink bullets to work. I dot the enemy a few times, a lot of times, nothing happens. I've tried different angles, tried enemies when they were stunned, when I had to do a floral finish...what the hell am I missing?!

http://okami.neoseeker.com/wiki/Snarling_Beast
---
Merciful Buddha
Posts: 2x: 77; 3x: 9; 4x: 7; 5x: 5; *6x: 2; 7x/8x!: 1;**25X POST!**
#2demonguardianPosted 6/5/2012 6:55:08 PM
That's really weird... can you tell exactly what happen when you try to do the 'Ink Bullet'? Like, when you do it, it make flowers/trees appear, or something like that?

It doesn't matter what condition the enemy is, it should have some indication on what you're doing wrong. Even if the enemy is invincible at the moment you use it, IIRC, it would 'parry' your bullet, making that 'blocked'/'repelled' sound.

You don't seem to be doing anything wrong. You need to have the 'Snarling Beast' as your main (or other weapon with such ability), make some dots on the enemy you're attacking and that's it... try to move Ammy a little farther, so she doesn't get in the way, isolate the enemy (although I think it works on multiple enemies, never tested it myself...), make sure you're not not pushing your brush accidentally so that it makes little 'slashes', etc. Sorry if this seems a little offensive to your intelligence, but I really have no idea what the problem might be. Keep trying or move on. It's not that good anyway.
#3Morter(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2012 10:39:39 PM
Nah its alright thanks for the help.

Actually, I tried most of my efforts with Snarling beast as a sub (as most information online says it still enables Ink Bullet there)

But yes, I've tried to have the enemy isolated, and in midair, and just poke a bunch of dots on it, like with the tree move, which normally works. Someone elsewhere suggested shooting slightly around the target (Like, I'd assume, the bullets in a revolver, if I wanted to shoot six). By any chance, is there some sort of minimum? I mean, I've done at least 12-ish taps, and I have about 6-7 ink pots if that matters, but I've even tried as little as four with no luck.

I'll try more stuff next time, but if it's really simple as just dotting the enemy, then I'm missing something.

Also, is this a move I can do to scrolls on the field (like how you can use cut on a scroll to stop them from chasing you)?
---
Merciful Buddha
#4lovehate776Posted 6/10/2012 3:50:15 PM
Morter posted...
Nah its alright thanks for the help.

Actually, I tried most of my efforts with Snarling beast as a sub (as most information online says it still enables Ink Bullet there)

But yes, I've tried to have the enemy isolated, and in midair, and just poke a bunch of dots on it, like with the tree move, which normally works. Someone elsewhere suggested shooting slightly around the target (Like, I'd assume, the bullets in a revolver, if I wanted to shoot six). By any chance, is there some sort of minimum? I mean, I've done at least 12-ish taps, and I have about 6-7 ink pots if that matters, but I've even tried as little as four with no luck.

I'll try more stuff next time, but if it's really simple as just dotting the enemy, then I'm missing something.

Also, is this a move I can do to scrolls on the field (like how you can use cut on a scroll to stop them from chasing you)?

What so hard about quickly apply a dot with square? Don't sink the brush into the screen, just quick taps with square, no holding down square or triangle, just quick taps with square...............
---
"These fluoride heads obsess only on game related issues"
#5Morter(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2012 5:11:41 PM
it's not about it being so hard:

It's about

1) I didn't know I had to have the weapon as my main

2) When I finally got them to work, I realized there was no animation, it was just quick (and pretty crappy) damage, to the point where I'm sure I didn't notice it.

3) So when I figured out the above 2, I realized I was doing it right, unlike what you assume. Thanks =P
---
Merciful Buddha