This game is sh*t

#1BridgemanzPosted 7/24/2012 3:49:28 AM
So after hearing so many fans complain about Ultimate Tenkaichi, and praising Budokai 3, I decided to give the game ago.

For the record, the major complaint with UT was that the battle system is completely based on luck.

So here I am, doing story mode with Piccolo, fighting Super Buu. I can honestly say I got destroyed. The guy keeps going hyper mode and then does this rush attack where you have to guess which button the CPU is going to press, which seems COMPLETELY random and cannot be predicted in any way.

If you get all the buttons wrong, you're either KO or so low on health you might as well stop fighting.

I don't get it. For all the praise this game gets, I thought it required real skill. But what it boils down to is that this game is exactly the same as UT in the luck-based battle system. The only difference is that in Budokai 3 you have less chance of getting it right since there's 4 buttons, and if you don't get it right, you've basically lost the battle.

While in Ultimate Tenkaichi, the luck-based thing happens all the time, but here, it's a lot easier to get it right, and even if you don't get it right, you don't immediately take sh*tloads of damage.

Also the story mode in this game is complete crap compared to the original Budokai's cutscenes, the flight system controls on the world map are WAY too sensitive compared to BT series, and the graphics are average at best.

Just wanted to throw that out there.
#2EVIL CAP AMERICAPosted 7/24/2012 11:14:18 AM
Thats hilarious its getting me all nostalgic for the old days

If the game beats you up its the games fault not your own being incomptent

Ok button masher tell me something
\
What is a cancel and what does it do?

Ha hah this is getting me nostalgic
---
The [OSMBV] Harbinger of Newbie Death and MODOK Avenger of GameFAQs
Reigning Sorcerer Supreme of the GameFAQs dimension
#3glenndevisPosted 7/24/2012 3:43:44 PM
I'm sorry TC but if ur looking for a dbz fighter that requires more skill than budokai 3 u won't find it.

Learn how to combo cancel. :D
#4EternalDahakaPosted 7/24/2012 8:51:20 PM
That's Dragon Rush. Pretty much everyone thinks that was a terrible mechanic. Other than that, its one of the more technical DBZ fighters. And comparing it to Ultimate Tenkaichi is ridiculous.
#5EVIL CAP AMERICAPosted 7/24/2012 9:00:11 PM
Im still waiting for TC to explain why him sucking at a game makes it bad and to tell me what a cancel is
---
#6Star_MarioPosted 8/5/2012 9:09:40 AM
LOL at topic title. There is a reason combos exist man. You can always spam if you find yourself about to lose
---
PSN: BonesMV3
#7EVIL CAP AMERICAPosted 8/5/2012 11:53:19 AM
According to his profile hes been missing since making this topic.What a coward just another pathetic troll that lost the minute he opened his mouth.
---
More topics from this board...
DIMPS is backFindKenshi107/6 7:44PM